~What in the Hell?~

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

~ Sk8 and Life ~

So I didn't pass my skating test - not that I thought I would, I just wanted the input from the judges. And it was very informative.

Also, what I worried about wasn't a big deal and what I've been working on 4EVAH still sucks. What can you do, right?

But I didn't go all "yeep" which is a BIG DEAL for me. And nobody was watching!

Even when I did screw up, I got it back together and kept on without going "yeep" in the process. So I'm getting better control of my nerves. Now if I could only do that with my edges!

Part of it I think is just stamina - I've put on some weight since I bought the house (how, I don't really know since I'm always out digging in the yard) and that doesn't help. I just need to start getting some more exercise. For some reason, the weight has gone to my obliques which it NEVER did before. My ass - yes; but my obliques and belly - no way! I guess that's what age does for you (altho I know skaters in their 60's who have rockin' bods!) Oh, well.

Strange sorts of things have been happening lately - I think something very odd is going on in the universe. People have just been like walking up to me and pouring their guts out for some reason. It is very strange.

Let's face it, I'm not the most "comforting" person in the world to spill your guts to (altho I CAN and DO keep secrets - even the secrets people WANT me to tell) so this sort of mystifies me.

I mean, people I don't even really KNOW have just started, well, stopping me in the halls and on the street (literally) and just telling me personal things. Not that I find it odd that someone would talk to me but that people would want to talk SO MUCH to someone they just know in passing is what I find odd.

And even odder still is I don't find myself wanting to hurry them along or thinking of everything else I need to get done. I just get the strange feeling they need to talk and have someone listen to them. It has proven very interesting and informative to "shut up and listen".

I guess people are finding that talking to a live person in front of them is much more comforting than emailing, facebooking or texting someone. Everyone is in such a big hurry and addicted to cell phones - I don't get it. AT ALL. When I'm not by a phone then I'm GONE and I don't want to be bothered. I always know when anyone in the family wants to talk to me (don't need a phone for that) and everyone else can just leave a voice mail.

But I'm an old troglodyte anway so what do you expect?

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 3:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com