~What in the Hell?~

Monday, November 01, 2010

~ It's Samhain! ~

I hope everyone lit their pumpkins and had the bonfire last night! You've got to keep those hobgobs at bay!

The Creatures are fine. The Batface seems to be as unhappy about the colder weather as I am. She has been curling up in a Batball next to me every chance she gets. I keep trying to get her to lay on One Eye but he gets too hot and waddles off. So the Bat and I are left to keep each other warm. She seems to like it as warm as I do which can be good this winter. Little One Eye will just have to suck it up and let us snuggle with his furry butt! If he weren't so good and warm, we wouldn't curl up next to him!

I really dread winter. Actually - I dread the cold. Oh, it sucks something awful. I've been trying to put in some insulation in my attic and insulate the pipes (they had NO insulation on them AT ALL - neither did the hot water heater) and it has been quite the chore.

But it might be working. At least, I think it is. It can't hurt, that's for sure! The house is old and the current insulation is about 2" thick in the attic and looks like it's from the late 50's. No kidding.

So I climb up there and there is NOTHING on the outside wall of the kitchen. I mean not one spec of anything - tyvex, tin foil, newspapers, NOTHING. No wonder that kitchen was so infernally cold last winter.

I insulated the wall then started on the roof - Good Lord, is that a job! My arms are so sore from laying on my back with my arms over my head - I don't know how Michaelangelo managed to paint the Sistine Chapel like that! And he was older than I am!

My body is just sore as hell and I have my skating class tonight. Ugh. I don't know how I'm going to make it since I'm so freaking stiff and beat up.

Then I got into the "crawl" spaces. More like "the worm" spaces because there was no way even *I* could "crawl" into these places. I wouldn't even go into the one - nope. Time to knock out the closet wall and insulate it from there. It looks like I may have to do that on the other side of the attic as well - but it's the closet and there is plenty of extra-dry wall in the garage so I'll just insulate then re-drywall it.

It's slowly coming along. Over half of the attic over the kitchen is done and about one wall over the bedrooms is totally done. It just takes soooooo long because you have to suit up, tape yourself in and I have to contain my hair (which is another chore) before you even get started.

I've already laid about 6 rolls of R-30 insulation plus the insulation for the pipes and I still have a ways to go yet. As long as I can keep the chill off, we'll be good.

My bedroom was actually warm last night - usually it freezes as soon as August is over but last night it was warm eventho it frosted. So the insulation might be helping!

Horrible is out of the office this week on vacation!!!! Wooooo! It's so nice not having her hysterical ass around to deal with. So nice and quiet and we can actually get stuff done without listening to her pissing and moaning.

Like a vacation for ME!

Before practice, I need to run to the auto store and pick up some more stuff for the car the bro needs. And maybe stop and get more insulation. I sure hope I can take this off of my taxes! I'm about keeping this place in business! Or at least reduce my heating bills (which would be very nice!)

What's on the Reading List:

Guardians of Ga'hoole - so it's a kids book! I love owls!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 3:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com