~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, September 30, 2010

~ Things I Remember ~

Not earth-shattering things but just events from my current life that I remember quite vividly.

In no particular order.

Sitting in an innertube on a lake in the summer reading a book.

My college roommate and I going to a store and me trying on this floor-length red-sequined strapless mermaid dress and exclaiming, "I'm a GIRL!"

My brother mouthing off to my mom and her smashing a pie in his face. Seriously.

The day I promised The Butter that I would never leave her (and I didn't).

Trying on swim suits at 16 and having my BFFs dad exclaim, "No!" when I tried on a bikini. (I thought I was too fat but I later learned it was because I had a small waist and ample cleavage).

Sitting around the campfire one night while some guy played the violin and bats circled overhead.

Being on stage for our HS play (specifically the look on BD's face when I pulled a bra out of my purse)

I'm sure there are others but my brain is tired. It's been a long week. A little stressful trying to get stuff together for this weekend and skate and get to the store. The normal stuff.

Horrible has mercifully kept to her lair - good riddance. I'm sure she'll be in rare form this afternoon when we have to meet with her. It will be an hour meeting with half of it taken up by her bitching about all the meetings she "has" to attend and how tired she is and how ill she is.

Such a drama queen. Nobody feels sorry for an idiot who can't tell what meetings are important and what meetings have nothing to do with YOU or YOUR JOB. Fool.

Enough about that idiot!

The other day I couldn't get Tobs to come in so I could take them for a walk. So I grabbed one of his poopy bags and rattled it at the door and said, "c'mon, let's go!" That little eye lit up and he zoomed to the door (nearly knocking me over).

It's funny that when I got them neither one of them wanted to really go for a walk. They were timid and kept wrapping around each other. Now they run to the door and whine when it's time to go and want to run down the street (until I or Tobs gets tired, then we make Bella slow down). It amuses me that they were so reluctant to do it at first and now it's what they seem to like the most.

Also getting to sit on the couch is a Big Deal to them. I think Batty likes it because it's easier to climb into my lap. Tobs can't get on the couch unless I put him there and that means he'll be on my lap, too. But he only wants to be on my lap for so long then he wants down to dig his face on the furniture. That is a very strange habit of his.

If you rub him down and scratch his ears, he likes it for a while. Then he will get up and go to something like a chair leg or the door jamb and start rubbing his face all over it as he growls. I haven't been able to figure that out. He doesn't want ME to scratch his face - he wants to rub it all over the house for some reason. Just one of his quirks, I guess.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com