~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, September 16, 2010

~ Random Thoughts as Fall Approaches ~

Winter cannot be far behind. And I hate winter. The Farmer's Almanac says it should be a mild one and certainly do hope so. Last year more than made up for any mild winter's we've had.

I still need to get some firewood and figure out a new place to put it. Maybe I'll just put it on the back porch again and let the dogs pee on it. They can only reach the first row, anyway.

(My office mate talks waaaaayyyyy too much. Yap, yap, yap all of the time. Now, I talk to myself but I don't expect anyone to answer. He talks all of the time and expects me to be paying attention. Uh, no. I've got my own mumbling to do, thankyouverymuch. I wish he'd just be quiet some times!)

Our useless manager is gone all month - HOORAY! It's been like a vacation not having that hag around. It's just because she acts like everything is such a BIG DEAL and gets hysterical over the dumbest things that don't even matter. (oooo - so-and-so got a hangnail! Apocalypse!!!)

So it's been quiet and I've been able to get some serious work done without having to babysit her hysterical ass constantly. I've never met a more insecure and paranoid person.

We keep hoping that she will go someplace and stay there but it seems that nobody else wants to deal with her, either, because she's so awful.

My allergies have been pretty bad this year. Tobs has been having a hard time as well - poor little guy. He and I must be allergic to the same things because both of us start sneezing at the same time and have the runny nose.

The Batface doesn't seem to be bothered by allergies like we are.

Both of them are doing well. Becoming more spoiled with each passing day. How this has happened, I don't know but there it is.

Believe it or not, HE is actually getting worse than SHE is. HE is starting to cry when I leave (according to mom) and not her. I thought it was her making all of the noise and crying but mom says HE is the one crying. That surprises me - he doesn't seem to be the type at all to care if I leave or not.

He's also getting quite fat. I think a lot of it might be hair (I shaved his belly and cut his hair down over the summer and it's growing in) but there is a pretty fat belly under there.

We still go for our walks every night - no matter how late. I think they might mutiny if I refused to take them. They will even go when it's raining.

I've been feeling rather tired lately. A lot of people have been really sick with sinus infections, bronchitis and pneumonia. My tiredness is probably due to lack of veggies lately (seriously) and just being really busy and worn out.

I'm taking a skating class on loops and twizzles along with my regular skating. It's fun and I like it (altho I probably won't be proficient at it for a while). I also put new blades on two weeks ago so I'm still getting used to them. It's the same type and brand of blade that I had on there originally but the grind is different and it is not very "forgiving". Just more of a challenge to add (as if MIFs weren't challenging enough!)

It's getting time to brew again, also. I need to bottle the brew from last year that I have in the cellar and start a new batch for this year. I've learned that a second racking is good (altho a pain in the ass) and filtration for the "flavored" batches is mandatory - no matter WHAT it looks like before racking. The vanilla flavored one is gross (but Mike likes it so he can have it all) and I haven't had the guts to try the hot ginger one yet.

I've amassed quite a collection of bottles that need to be washed, sanitized and filled. Then gifted. People keep asking me for the recipe and I tell them but I keep the "secret ingredient" to myself. (It's the moon - you've got to brew on the right phase of the moon!)

My bro is coming out on Saturday and I'm sure he will start bitching because I haven't bottled that beer of his. Oh, well. He'll deal with it. Maybe I'll take a day off to brew and bottle in October. I usually do.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 9:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com