~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

~ The Sun! ~

Has finally - FINALLY arrived!

Oh, how wonderful to see it!  I thought it had forsaken us forever!  

Now the snowdrops and the croci are coming up and I am glad of it.

I've been busily cleaning the flowerbeds and getting ready to plant all of the stuff I ordered.  On Sunday I cleaned out the gutters which really wasn't as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be.  But then I have a small house!

I miss having The Butter outside with me.  She would usually sit and watch me dig in the yard or mow the grass or whatever I was doing outside.  When I would take a break and sit down, she'd wander over and want her belly or her ears scratched.  It was a good excuse to stop working for a while.  

Hopefully the new dogs will enjoy watching me dig in the yard as much as she did.  

I still need to clean out the herb garden.  The lavender looks like it made it thru the winter ok.  Not sure about anything else yet.  It doesn't look like any of the Lilies of the Valley that I transplanted made it which is bogus.  I think the soil might be too sweet for them.

The foxgloves and some of the ferns made it.  That stupid ass ivy that's taking over made it (despite my efforts to thwart it).  There are a bunch of daffodils coming up in the back yard.  I don't remember seeing them before and I *know* I didn't plant them but I'm not going to bother them.  I like them.

Stuff is growing in my WTF corner.  This was stuff I dug up when I moved in and I knew it was something but I wasn't sure what.  Or stuff I bogarted from Dad's garden and forgot what it was.  So we'll soon find out what it is!  I'm pretty sure there is one tulip there.  But that's all I can really make out right now.

Of course I put in a big fat order to several garden places.  We should be getting Delphiniums, sweet peas,  morning glories (you know these old things), clemantis (ditto), a bunch of herbs and roses.  Oh, my, yes!  Roses that smell like roses!  Mmmm - cabbage roses and Damask roses - oooo.  I already have places picked out for them.  The only problem is knowing when to stop!  

I even stole Dad's post hole digger for the task!  Well, I stole it for another task but I will still use it for this one.  It's quite handy, I must say.  And with the ground so wet, it's easy to use.

So I am very glad spring is finally showing her face.  I just wish The Butter could be here to enjoy it as well.  I may have other dogs, but she will always be The Butter.  Just like Wheezie will always be The Creature.  



Labels:

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 7:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com