~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

~ Dog Update ~

I picked up the dogs over the weekend.  It was quite a drive - rain, hail, dark of night - we pretty much hit it all.  The rain was coming down in sheets then it started hailing.  Seriously bogus.

But we arrived ok and picked up the dogs.  There are two of them - Tobias and Bella.  

Him - a one-eyed, three-toothed stoned jazz musician.

Her - a pretty, insecure princess who needs lots of attention.

He has taken to peeing all over everything so I've had to get him a belly band (as much as I absolutely HATE to do that - I can't have him pissing all over the house).

She will use the potty pad so there haven't been any issues like that with her.  

Her main thing is to whine and huff when I don't give her enough attention but I think she will get over that shortly once she understands WHEN it's time for attention and when it's time for me to do "Big Dog" things.

They have both decided that they like going for walks (I told them so!) and we have ventured out down the street and met some of the neighbors.  And when we come back from our walks, Big Dog eats something then feeds little dogs.

I have discovered that this makes them eat their own food instead of waiting for mine.  If I eat first THEN feed them, they realize they aren't getting anything else and will eat their food.  Hey, I'm not that difficult to train!

The flowers are starting to come up and I am glad.  There are a lot of daffodils around the house that I wasn't aware of before.  I'll have to mark them somehow so I don't inadvertently dig them up when I'm planting this summer.

I got the fence up.  It only took about 2 hours (the guy I had asked for an estimate wanted $500! And said it would take 6 hours.  Uh, no).  It wasn't hard.  The ground is so wet that driving the posts was really easy.  The hardest part was getting the fasteners on.  I still need to put in a gate but I figured WTF?  If I'm going to put in a gate, might as well make it an arbor gate so I can plant some roses around it!

It's in a great place in the yard to grow roses, too.  Right on the south side and maybe that will give me a "jumping off point" to start the rest of the yard (instead of just the perimeter of the yard).

Back to the dogs - I'm a little disappointed that neither one of them snore really loud.  I miss that from Molly.  

The first night I brought them home, I thought Tobs was dead.  Seriously.  He fell asleep next to me and didn't seem to move or breathe for like 20 minutes.  I picked him up and shook him a little bit (I was scared!)  He finally opened his one eye and was like "WTF lady?  I was asleep!"  Now that I know he sleeps like the dead, I don't bother him (altho I still check for his breathing because that is just scary to see him lay like that for so long!)

Bella has the most beautiful fur - it has the look and feel of fox.  The hair near her skin on her chest is black but the outer hair is white.  It's very unusual.  She also has red in her.  It's really unusual.  And she is just as soft as she can be - just like a fox.  If she didn't have the flat face, I would swear she was part fox.

He is a bit "touched" and will growl at chairs, bushes, flowers - whatever he feels like "talking to".  He's taken particular interest in a bale of straw the neighbor has set out.  It's weird and funny.  The only "thing" Bella talks to is me.  But that's ok.




The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com