~What in the Hell?~

Monday, December 14, 2009

~ The Countdown Begins ~

It's our last "full week" of work before the holidays. Yay! I'm so ready for a vacation I can't even stand it.

I'm still a bit tearful and clingy regarding Aunt Bea. Mom asked me why I keep calling everyday. I told her I am just being needy and she's going to have to deal with it for a while. I guess I want re-assurance that everyone else is ok. So sue me for being clingy.

The dog got a bath yesterday. She was stinking but it's been too cold to give her one lately. Yesterday it was finally warm enough outside to give her one and not have to worry about taking her out later on in the evening.

Now she's all soft and fluffy and clean. After her bath, she tore around the house like a mad thing which makes me laugh. But she always stops to grab her treat out of my hand and zoom off again with it.

She's so good when I give her a bath, too. She just sits there and lets me scrub away on her. I'm sure all that scratching and warm water feels pretty good. At least it would to me!

When it got really cold that one night, I made her sleep with me. She is so warm! Ahhh! I made her lay right against my chest and curled up around her. She layed there all night, too. Of course, the snoring woke me up a few times but that's ok. I can live with it since she's warm and lays still in the night.

I really have no enthusiasm for the holidays this year. I didn't even want to put my little tree up but I did. I mean, it's our first Christmas in the new house so I thought maybe I should. I DID, however, decorate the big sun over the fireplace with holly and ivy. It looks really cool (to me). And I put up ivy and bows on the front porch. But that's it. No lights or anything.

The guys delivered the wood on Friday. There is a LOT of cherry in there. My bro has demanded that I keep some aside so he can use it in the smoker this summer. That sounds like a good idea.

The dog has realized that the kitchen is the warmest room in the house when I'm home (I try to get the fire going when it's cold) and has taken to laying in her bed by the fireplace in the evenings. Not that I blame her. I usually sit in my rocker by the fire reading in the evenings when I get a chance.

I finished making all of the Christmas candy over the weekend. I had to hide the gingerbread cookies from myself so I don't decimate them. And I mean that in the literal sense of the Latin word. Of course, I had to try one out of the first batch to make sure it wasn't poisoned. Then after I made the icing I had to try another one WITH the icing to make sure the icing wasn't poisoned.

So far, they seem to be fit for human consumption but I might have to eat a few more just to make sure. lol!

I don't really eat the brownies or buckeyes or cherries but I will tear them gingerbread cookies UP!

The one thing I am looking forward to is some 4 day weekends. Man, that will be nice to get away from work and maybe get some crap put away. I still have a bunch of stuff sitting around in boxes in the closets that need to be sorted thru and given away or something. Just a bunch of crap that I had in storage that I no longer need that I was too lazy (and too pressed for time) to do anything with before. So now's the time.

And I will get to SKATE, too. Oh, that will be nice. My poor old bones are hurting - curse this stupid cold! I'm sure gaining about 10lbs over the summer (all of the ice cream and no skating) isn't helping matters. But I should be able to get back on it soon, I hope.

With all of the moving and painting and trying to sell my condo I really didn't have the time or the inclination to do much else. Hopefully this break around the holidays will let me get some stuff under control so I can start back on my yoga and skating.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 12:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com