~What in the Hell?~

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

~ Shunned by the dog ~

Again.

There was a big old traffic jam and I didn't get home until late the other night. Later than McButter *thinks* I should be home. So she shunned me the rest of the night.

Really - you'd think SHE had the opposible thumb!

Whatever.

Mom and I went to see my uncle. He looked pretty rough at first but as we were there and started talking to him, he perked up. I was surprised that a lot of people had dropped off food and done some cleaning for him. So he needs much less help than we thought. That's good eased mom's mind. And he does seem to be recouperating ok altho his feet are still pretty swollen from his heart attack earlier this year.

I picked up the fresh turkey I ordered from the local farm. The smallest bird they had was 21 lbs. There are 4 of us to eat it. Yeah.

Mom is still horrified at the gigantic thing (it's bigger than McButter) and is freaking out because she thinks we'll have to start cooking it today (yeah, well, we probably should). It's in my extra fridge in the garage right now because there isn't room anywhere else (and my stupid fridge still freezes everything. Ugh).

I don't know why she's getting all worked up about this stupid turkey. Not like she's going to cook it. My brother wants to smoke it so he's going to be dealing with it. All she has to do is make the mashed potatoes and the biscuits. I'm making the casserole and the pumpkin pie.

My bro said it would be easier and faster to cook if we cut it up. I'm thinking the only thing I have BIG enough to cut the thing up is the chainsaw.

The worst part is, I'm seriously considering it! (Hey, after all that brewing, I have the sanitization thing down to an art and I can use olive oil to grease the chain). There shouldn't be much blood and if I do it in the cellar it'll be easy cleanup.

I wonder what the neighbors think - I'm dragging those blue 55 gallon barrels into the house along with a chain saw. Deep in the night, the sounds of the saw going can be heard. There is about 5 gallons of bleach in the garage (with an extra refrigerator) and 3 gallons of it in the cellar.

That's rather creepy when taken out of context, you know?

And all totally innocent (well, for the most part. I'm not committing murder at least. You can't "murder" a dead turkey).

My new blades came for my skates. And all of my Xmas shopping is DONE except for some socks for mom. That's it. DONE. Jealous, bitches? I think so!

Ebay, Amazon, Overstock. Found everything quick and easy. No fighting traffic or crowds. So nice to just sit back and let stuff come to ME. All I have to do is wrap it.

Of course, I had to restock my library and right now I'm reading "Dungeon, Fire and Sword" by John Robinson and also "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot.

I've read Robinson's book before but I just wanted to read it again. And in the car I have "I, Clauduis" playing. Love that one! Got the DVD for myself also. It's one of my most favorite movies/miniseries.

That should keep me busy for a while! That and painting my new digs and planning for my garden next year.

Labels: ,

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:26 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com