~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

~ It's July and It's FREEZING ~

Brrrr - only supposed to get in the low 70's today. WTF? After the 90's of last week I'm now freezing my ass off. This weather is just stupid.

Saturday night, I discovered that there ARE bats around my house so now I have to get the box up for them to roost and hopefully attract some more of them. They were out flitting around about 10pm on Saturday night. Very cool to watch them.

The damned coyotes were also out making a racket at all hours. The damned vermin.

I managed to cut out all of that honeysuckle that had taken over part of the yard. Now that it's cut back to nothing, it should be fairly easy to keep it under control.

What a chore that was, let me tell you! Just me and a hacksaw vs a 115 sq foot area of 20+ year old honeysuckle. The hacksaw and I won. But I ended up with numerous scratches (a pretty big one on my cheek) and blisters all over my hands (eventho I wore leather gloves as always).

But that crap is gone and I put in some grass seed and foxgloves in it's place. Hopefully it will start to come up and fill out. The clover that I planted has come up really nicely. You can't even tell where the big bald spot was by the shed.

I found some unusual things cutting out the honeysuckle -a pair of socks, a golf ball and a chain wrapped around one of the bushes. I don't know if someone had tried to pull out the stuff before and didn't succeed or what but I have me an old rusty chain to show for my efforts.

I still have a ton of stuff in storage - ok, maybe not a TON but a lot more stuff than I would like. I probably should just load it all up in a UHaul and stick it in the garage until I can sort it out. That would be the logical thing to do. I just don't know when I'm going to get the time.

Always so much chaos going on. I need to take a vacation. I keep saying that and I just haven't gotten around to it.

Eventually I will need to stop threatening and actually DO it but probably not for a few more weeks. There are too many changes going on at work right now and everyone else is going on vacation (or transferring). So I'm pretty much the only one around who knows what's gone on in the past and what might happen in the next few weeks until others return.

And I can't do Pennsic this year. :-( Yes. Big Sad Face on that. The last time I missed Pennsic I got to spend my vacation in Languedoc which made up for it. But it would be rather foolish for me to go this year after buying the house, not being able to sell my condo, and still having most of my camping stuff in storage.

No, it wouldn't be cool to take off to Pennsic with so many other things needing to be sorted out, finished up and taken care of. (I keep telling myself that in the hopes that it will make me feel better but it just isn't working. I want to DRUM, dammit!)

I may end up having a "pity party" at my place for everyone else who can't make it, either. At least that would give me a chance to drum a little and not feel soooo awfully bad.

Other things of note - I gave my brother my old smoker - the one that someone left in the shed and I cleaned up. He loves the thing and uses it every day. He smoked some pork loin last week for us and man, was it YUMMY!

My manager at work is transferring - you know, the one I LIKE. Yeah. So I'm kinda bummed about that. I'm just terrified I'm going to get stuck with another hag from hell like before that it's really stressing me. I'm very sad about this.

I've met the new person coming in - she seems to be pretty transparent and she did apply for and WANT the job (it wasn't created for her like the Hag's job was) so I'm hoping that she will be good for us. But I don't want to abandon her while she's trying to figure out what's going on. That wouldn't be very nice (or very intelligent on my part).

My cousin, Kim, is very ill and I try not to think about that a whole lot or I'll start crying. According to mom, she's getting worse and her husband doesn't think she's long for this world.

Aunt Bea (Kim's mom) is really upset about it and cries to my mom but what can you say? Kim has been ill for a few months but it is still very hard to come to terms with. And Kim is afraid that when she's gone, no one will be there to take care of Aunt Bea.

That's a bunch of nonsense, of course. Aunt Bea has us and her other daughter but Kim is the one who has always been the "caretaker" of everybody. And I mean EVERYBODY. She just feels it's her "responsibility" or something.

And now she is the one who needs to be taken care of and she's STILL worried about everyone else. It's just crazy.

The dog is doing ok. She was acting weird for the last two days - always wanting under my feet and trying to get into my lap and not wanting to go outside unless I'm with her. Normally she's not like that. And she even started barking at me on the phone! That was bizarre!

Mom said that Flats and Jade have been acting the same way and two of the girls I work with said the same things about their dogs. Something weird must've been brewing for the dogs to start acting like that.

Today Molly was fine. Went outside without me (I came out later to walk her), ate her food, ran around the kitchen then plopped in front of the door and started barking at the birds. Total 180 from the last two days.

I don't know what was going on (some weird transit of the Moon and Neptune?) but the dogs were sure not happy about it. Or maybe it was something else and it's passed us by.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com