~What in the Hell?~

Sunday, July 05, 2009

~ Contentment? ~

Yesterday it rained all day which was ok.  I mean, it was kinda bogus that it rained out a lot of the fireworks but it gave me a chance to get some stuff done inside.

When it's nice out, I want to be working in the yard.  But since it rained yesterday, I had to stay inside and put stuff away.  The humanity!  

I did get a lot of stuff put up - or at least more boxes opened and things sorted.  Slowly it's coming around.

Today I mowed the lawn and worked in the herb garden.  I've got a bunch of herbs drying in the dehydrator and my kitchen smells WONDERFUL from it!  Ah!  Between the herbs and the chicken I cooked for supper, it is just divine!

Those infernal coyotes were out again this afternoon - very close.  Like right behind the house.  The dog and I were sitting outside on the porch when they started in with their howling and carrying on.  Nobody else seemed to have heard them but us - I don't know how you can not hear such a racket!  

The dog just sat there next to me - she didn't even bark or try to run out in the yard.  She just sat there with her ears up looking toward the woods.  I was waiting for one of them to show itself.  I seriously need to get a crossbow so I can shoot at them and not make any noise.  It shouldn't be too difficult to obtain one.

I am completely eat up with mosquito bites.  UGH!  It sucks!  I soaked in a warm tub with some oatmeal which helped a little but still - I look like hell - bruises all over me, mosquito bites, cuts - but at least I'm clean.  For the moment.  

It supposed to be nice tomorrow so I'll probably work in the yard after I get home from work.  It looks like I might be making some headway.  The clover I planted is coming up quite nicely.  The other grass seed I put down is also starting to come up (where I tore out the honeysuckle).  The herb garden is really taking off - altho something is eating my basil.  WTF?  What, besides us, would eat basil?  It's pretty pungent.

The roses have started to really grow as have the strawberries, hollyhocks and petunias.  I wish the foxgloves would come up.  I only have one small sprout which is bogus.

As I was sitting in the kitchen in my rocking chair listening to the dog snore it dawned on me that I am perfectly happy.  The herbs are smelling up the place, the dog is snoring and I don't "have" to do anything.  It is so very nice.

What would I do if I didn't have to work?  What would you do?  

If we didn't need money - what would you do with yourself?  Me?  Well, let's say that I had enough money to not need to work.  Not hitting the lottery or anything because that's another set of circumstances all together.

Just "retired" or not in need of a job.  What would I do?  (Say everything was put away from "the move")

Plant a vegetable garden and tend it daily.  Grow more herbs.  Make potions and teas.  Make cheese and experiment.  Brew and try my hand at wine-making.  Sew.  Bake fresh bread everyday.  Skate.  Play my violin and drum.  Read books.  Paint.

That isn't so much to ask for, is it?  When I get to do these things, I am content.  Seriously.  It doesn't take much!  

Over the last few weekends (when I haven't had set plans or fighting that stupid lawnmower), I have just felt so relaxed.  I just work in the yard, grill out, take the dog for nice long walks (she drags me all over creation) and lay around.  It's so damned nice.  

I just may take some time off work so I can do more of it.  Since I can't go to Pennsic, I might as well take a vacation and relax here, eh?




Labels: ,

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 9:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com