~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

~ Trying to Settle In ~

And it really is a pain in the butt.

I probably started back on my "regular" activities too early but what the hey - not doing anything was just driving me crazy and making me fat.

There is still a ton of stuff in storage that I'd like to get out and I still haven't finished painting or wall papering. I think I might have to bite the bullet and just take some time off and get it done.

The kitchen is slowly getting into shape. I found some cabinets I think might work as a pantry and a cleaning closet so I will go pick those up when I get a chance (and I get the car unloaded to fit new stuff in there).

That will cut down on the chaos quite a bit I think - it will get all of the cleaning stuff and plastic containers out of the floor and put away. I'm pretty much just shoving things in drawers to get it out of the way and will organize it later. I hope.

The bedrooms are a complete wreck and I still don't have a washing machine. But at least the lawnmower is fixed and I have a weed eater that works. So I can take my frustrations out on the lawn.

And I plan on renting a chainsaw to reclaim the outer limits of the yard from the honeysuckle that is trying to take over. That crap is just growing out of control. The neighbor cut a bunch of his back while I was camping this weekend and it made me realize how much it has invaded my yard.

It's too thick for me to tackle with an axe or a hacksaw so I'm going to break down and rent a chainsaw (eventho I'm slightly afraid of them). Hopefully, chain saws have come a long way (like post hole diggers) since I remember them growing up or it might prove to be an interesting experiment in futility.

When I will be able to tackle this I'm not sure. Like I said, I still need to unpack and get a washing machine. And I need to figure out if there is a snake pit under my backporch. This would be very, very Bad.

Last night during the big rain, I happened to look out and realized the big hole that I had filled in with dirt off of the back porch was now bubbling. Like the Creature from the Black Lagoon was about to pop up in my back yard. It was pretty weird.

Where ever that hole leads to must be pretty deep to have that sort of an air pocket in it and to blow out all of that dirt. So I put a brick over it and stomped it down in there.

I'd drop a flame down in there if it wasn't so close to the house. Since I don't know where that hole goes or what is in there, I just might have to get someone from the county extension office to come out and take a look at it.

If it is snakes, I'll wait until after it frosts and take a backhoe to the bastards.

I'm just kinda tired and worn out. My allergies aren't helping matters, either. The poor dog's allergies are acting up as well. But honestly, I'll take the allergies over the fucking cold any day of the week. I just hate the cold.

I ordered a bat box on line and it should come in today. Here is an interesting link about bats and bat houses. I'd like to get an owl to cut down on the snake population but I don't think owls are as easy to attract as bats. They tend to be a little more picky but I do love them.

There was a barn owl that nested in our barn when I was growing up and it was really cool. There was also a Great Horned Owl around.

Maybe there is already one around and I just haven't heard it - there don't seem to be a lot of mice or anything altho there are PLENTY of rabbits so a Great Horned Owl certainly wouldn't go hungry.

Those coyotes were back this morning about 4am. They were making one HELL of a racket with their yipping and screeching. They seemed to be across the street in the woods over there because I didn't hear anything coming out of my woods when I went down to see. And Molly wasn't standing at the door barking so they didn't make it to my back yard. But I'm ready for them the varmints!

Right now the place doesn't quite feel like home - I guess there's just too much chaos with crap thrown pretty much everywhere. And I still have to dig around to find clothes to wear in the mornings. It's kind of a hassle and I really need to put more stuff away so I can get a handle on the chaos.

Hopefully I will take the next two days off so I can really make some progress.

Labels:

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 12:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com