~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, June 11, 2009

~ Revenge of the Lawnmower Gods ~

To recap my lawn maintenance saga:

Wheel falls off mower
Wheel gets fixed but mower refuses to start
I have a breakdown
Mower finally works but trimming needs done.
Bro loans me his weed eater but it only gives the weeds a swirly.
BFF gives me a weed eater that works.
I trim lawn.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Or something like that.

So last night, I go to the hardware store (the local one - not a chain) and search for something to fix that stupid lawnmower wheel - you know, the one that keeps falling off or runs parallel to the lawn.

I formulate a fix-it plan and a backup plan and buy the hardware for both plans (it cost me $11 - they are cheap plans)

I end up working on this infernal mower for about 3 hours - Plan A didn't work so I had to go with the more destructive Plan B of removing the entire self-propelled mechanism and replacing it with a new rod for the wheels.

After much beating, pounding and cursing, I finally get the drive shaft out and install the new threaded rod in the front end and it works!

It looks like hell - all rednecked up with giant spikes sticking out of either side - but at least it has four wheels and will move over the lawn like it is supposed to.

I'm pushing it over the grass making sure the wheels are stable and figure I can get most of the back mowed before it gets dark. I push my newly-wheeled mower to the back yard and give the cord a pull.

Guess - just guess what happens next.

Yup - fucker wouldn't start.

Are we seeing a trend here?

*heavy sigh*

Instead of a breakdown, I head for the cider. Why not? I made it, I can drink it and this situation definitely calls for a drink. Or two. Or three even.

Thwarted (again) of my plan to mow the lawn, I took my frustration out on the poor dog and gave her a bath. She needs her toenails cut as well but I thought I'd tormented her enough. So she got off easy with just a bath.

Tonight, however, she may not be so lucky.

It's raining so I can't mow the grass - even if I managed to get the bastard mower started. I figure I can unpack, get ready for camping this weekend and trim the dog's nails.

Now, that sounds like a plan!

Labels:

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 9:20 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com