~What in the Hell?~

Friday, December 12, 2008

~ Santa rejects bailout ~

That's what I thought the headline said. Obviously I didn't get enough sleep last night. Or the night before. Ah, well. The weekend will soon be here and I can lay around on my getting fatter butt and sleep.

Molly is doing very well and, more importantly, I have realized that it's ok to leave her alone while I'm at work or out skating. She doesn't seem to mind at all. Mostly she lays around and watches out the sliding glass door.

So I am adjusting well. Still trying to get used to her sounds - her tags jingling when she shakes or walks - her snuffling around - the drunken sailor-ish snoring. It's getting easier but it still wakes me up because I've not gotten entirely used to it yet.

And she does bark at sounds out in the hall. Usually a low "woof" unless the stupid min pin next door starts it's infernal and incessant yapping. Then she will bark at IT altho she doesn't yap like it does.

That stupid yapping dog drives me nuts. And the dumb girl who has it just screams "shut up!" at it instead of putting a muzzle on it or scolding it when it yaps. It's just a constant yap, yap, yap from that thing. Everytime a door opens or closes, anytime anyone talks in the hall, walks on any of the stairs, anything - it fucking yaps. I can see how Berkowitz went nuts after listening to his neighbor's dog yap for years.

Damned thing - it needs to be beaten long and hard. And so does that stupid girl who won't shut it up. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have a pet. I think it's just an accessory for her. I've only seen her walk that dog once in the past 6 months. It's probably desperate to see the sun.

Today I take Molly to her new vet. She seems to be responding well to eating what I eat and I'm trying to avoid wheat products for her. She also has dry food out during the day so if she gets really hungry she can eat that. I'm wondering if she might have a flea allergy as well.

She's due for her bath today but I might have to wait until tomorrow to give it to her. I'm going to add some oatmeal to the water to help her skin. I put a little bit of vaseline on her ears where it was rough and that really helped A LOT. She didn't like it, but it softened her ears up and she's not scratching at them so much.

After we go to the vet, I'm taking her home to meet The Creature. THIS should be interesting. I'll take her bed and blanket so she can hide from him if she wants (she runs to her bed when she's scared) and she will probably want to get away from his constant sniffing.

Now if I can just get dad not to pick at her scabs or try and pick her up (because he doesn't know how) - that's my big concern now. So I'll have to make that clear - don't pick at her skin and do NOT attempt to pick her up.

Mom will pretty much let Molly come to her when she's ready but dad will want to pick Molly up and start petting her right away instead of letting Molly smell and get used to him.

I'm not sure how The Creature will react. Nor how Molly will react to me scooping him up and kissing him all over his flat face. He still *is* my baby.

I have a feeling there will be much barking, grunting, growling and snuffling before it's all sorted out. But that's ok. As long as it GETS sorted out.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:35 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com