~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, September 04, 2008

~ It's September ~

And I have a crazed hummingbird that flies at my head.

It's a she hummingbird. You'd think she would not attack the head that feeds her but no. And she scares me when she flies at my head and I hear this really loud "BZZZZZZZ!" in front of my face.

The first time she did this I thought she was a bee and flicked my pony tail in that direction. Then she flew at my face which caused me to squeak and swat at her. I didn't hit her but I thought she was a big old horsefly or something and those things BITE.

Once I realized that it was a hummingbird I've tried not to jump or swat at her any more.

To add to the fun, I've also got The Creature! Mom and Dad are getting the floor replaced and they didn't want the Flat Face to get upset or get locked in the bathroom so I volunteered to take him for a few days while the work is going on.

It took him a while to realize he wasn't just going for a ride and he'd better make the most of his temporary living conditions. He walked around for about an hour last night huffing and puffing and fretting. Then he chilled out and laid down on the kitchen floor. I had to wake him up later to take him out before I went to bed. I had to wake him up again this morning to take him out before I went to work.

He seems to have settled down. But he still tries to bark at anyone out walking around in the parking lot. Not his "eat them up" bark but more of his "hey, look" bark. Which is also different from his "let me out" bark and his "I'm hungry" bark.

And I had to clean some stuff up (put all my sewing stuff away) so he doesn't get hurt. It really doesn't need to be sitting out anyway but I piddle around with it when I get the time.

I've started taking violin lessons finally. After threatening for two years I've finally bitten the bullet. It should be interesting. I'm still playing the drum of course but I thought I'd give the violin a try. Why not?

Skating is going ok. My knee is finally starting to feel better altho it still gets pretty stiff after I skate. The other day I actually was on the ice for an hour and a half! I couldn't believe I didn't need oxygen or pass out!

I may try skating more sessions this year depending on how my knee feels. This getting older really sucks.

Work is ok. No massive hysteria and I have to say that's pretty nice. Oh, speaking of work - here's a site where you can freelance yourself out over the internet if you are so inclined.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 9:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com