~What in the Hell?~

Friday, June 01, 2007

~ Holiday Weekend ~

It was great. Last weekend was a long weekend for me. Monday was Memorial Day so we were off work. And I took last Friday off to get some things done. So I had a four day weekend last week and it was GREAT!

Friday I went and got a haircut then drove home to take mom to see POTC III. The Big O was gorgeous (nearly heart-stoppingly so in one particular scene) but the movie was a convoluted mess. Ah, well. I wasn't expecting anything intelligent.

It was fun and we liked it which is all that really matters. And the costumes were great.

We got home and I chased the dog (who had the nerve to bark at me!) Saturday morning he jumped up in bed with me and started licking my face and wouldn't stop. It was gross! His breath is VILE. He didn't want me petting him or kissing him at all. He just wanted to lick my face. It's nice he loves me but ew - that breath!

Then dad and I went to the flea market. The weather was just PERFECT! And there was so much junk! But there was also a bunch of stuff that I needed. I picked up a portable folding stool for drumming, 12 sets of dice (for liars dice), and some other odds and ends that I needed for one reason or another.

When we were getting ready to leave, I got some red potatoes and some green beans (gotta love fresh veggies) for supper.

Mom cooked the beans and potatoes up with some hot dogs and it was pretty good. She and I played "liars dice" for a while. It was pretty amusing. Then we got my brother to play (as payment for me taking him to Auto Zone). That was fun. Dad couldn't figure out the rules but we kept right on playing.

I laid the yurt canvas out in the yard to measure it for the insulation. I think this should work ok. I'll need to pitch it up and see how to put it all together before Pennsic.

Summer ice starts on Monday! Wooooo Hoooo! There's ice in the mornings at 730am so I can skate before work. And there is club ice at 6pm so I can skate AFTER work! It's great! Weird that one would have more skating options in the SUMMER than in the winter. But I'm not complaining! I think it's GREAT!

So I'm planning on testing in September sometime. And I'm seriously kicking around the idea of going to Nationals next year. We'll have to see, tho. I really *should* do it. Just for the experience.

I have all summer to think about it and start looking for music. I'd like to test in September then start working on my program for nationals. That way I can start hitting the qualifying events before then to see how I'm doing.

It certainly sneaks up on you quickly, that's for sure. But for right now I'm just going to enjoy being able to skate 3 or 4 days a week. That is like bliss! And then go camping on the weekends. Damn near heaven!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com