~What in the Hell?~

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

~ How Time Flies ~

I can't believe it's been a month since I've posted. I've certianly been slacking in my duties. heh.

The weather has finally gotten warm and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Weirdly, it's going to be 80 today then snow tomorrow. WTF is up with that nonsense? I've about had enough of winter and snow and that bullshit.

Steve and I went to Vegas at the beginning of March. It was one of those "spur of the moment" things. We were both sick of work and sick of the weather so we ran off. It was great! The pool was open, the hot tub was open, the booze was free and the temp was 85 degrees! Wooooo!

We had the champagne brunch at the Bellagio on Saturday morning - divine! I gorged on stuff I can't find around here and champagne. Steve ate meat and seafood. Then we went shopping. I continued to drink my way thru Caesar's Palace. Weeeee!

We went to see "O" which was very cool. Sunday all we did way lay around the pool. That was great. Of course, I had to glue myself to the craps table when I wasn't by the pool.

It was a very nice and much needed break.

The following Saturday was the skating competition where I worked all day. That was kinda tiring. Then the weekend after that was Unicorn so I went to that. This past Saturday is the first day I've had off since Vegas. And I slept. I was so tired. And my hips have been hurting me.

This week I'm supposed to see a personal trainer at the gym to see if it is some sort of muscle imbalance that is causing my discomfort. I think it is but I don't know how to "fix" it. Sometimes it's hard to sleep at night because I can't find a position where I don't hurt. It really sucks.

Summer ice starts in June and I'm looking forward to it. I like skating in the morning before work. That way I'm worn out BEFORE I come in. I'd rather spend my energy on skating. heh.

I'm thinking I'll take my test again here soon. At the next test session, probably. Altho I'd like to get some more practice in before then.

I've finally broken down and ordered a new skating bag. My current one has been broken for a while and I just now got tired of it (the handle won't extend out so I have to use a knee-high pantyho to pull it around. Ghetto as hell, I know. But my cheap ass just couldn't part with the $$ to buy the bag I wanted. Until now).

My class is still going on. I think I'm on track. We've gotten to the easy part now which is manipulating the data. (Yeah, I think that's the "easy" part!) I hate playing "catch up" and I guess it's just plain laziness but I haven't been keeping up like I should. I mean, doing the extra out of class reading and that.

Yesterday I took 1/2 day and went home to take dad for an ice cream. lol! Sometimes you just have to do that. Sadly, I couldn't finish my double dip sundae. So I gave the rest of it to dad (who ate it after eating his own triple dip sundae! lol!) And I LOVE ice cream! I dunno what's wrong with me. I guess the craving for chocolate just isn't upon me right now.

It was nice to see him and mom. And The Creature. That poor old geezer. He actually barked at me when he saw me in the driveway. (Lord knows he can't HEAR me when I walk in the door). I had to laugh at him and his "arf!"

My place is a mess. I've been trying to do some "spring cleaning" where I go thru everything to get rid of stuff I don't use and take it to the Goodwill. So crap is laying everywhere. And I changed out my closets (from winter clothes to summer). I've kinda cleaned it up but there is still a lot of stuff I'd like to get done. Hopefully I'll be able to do some stuff on Saturday.

I have like 3 big tubs full of fabric scraps. I managed to make one rag rug last weekend but it hardly made a dent in the scraps. And I flatly REFUSE to throw fabric out (unless it's such a tiny spec that I can't use it in a rag rug or quilt).

I probably should go thru it all and separate it. I can make some gypsy skirts with some of the larger pieces. Then the smaller pieces for a quilt(s) with the smallest going to another rag rug. We can always use them in the yurt. That will probably be my project for this weekend.

During the week, I'm usually busy and when I get home I just read. Tonight I have practice and I "should" go to the breadstore (since it's on the way home) but I might hold off on that. I need to go to the store, too, and I might do that tomorrow after I hit the gym. (I'm trying to get back into working out regularly. There's no reason for me not to aside from sheer laziness.)

What am I currently reading? Well, I just finished "The Last Templar" which was pretty good. Sort of along the lines of "The DaVinci Code" if you enjoyed that.

Now I've started on "The Looming Tower". It's non-fiction and goes into the history of al-Queda (I know I didn't spell that right) and the lead up to 9/11. It seems quite interesting. (That's what I'm reading instead of my homework. Sadly, my habits haven't changed much over the years!)

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:21 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com