~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

~ It's That Time of Year - ~

Again. When insanity ensues from every quarter. But this year I REFUSE to give in to it! The Christmas cards are already mailed out and most of the shopping is done. OK - all of it is done! (I'm just waiting for the stuff I ordered to show up).

All I have to do is wrap and make candy. The candy making will start this afternoon. I'm taking 1/2 day off. Partly because my sinuses are bothering me and partly so I can get this stuff done and take it up to mom this weekend. Then I can just sit back and watch the hysteria.

Oh, and I got the cutest little hat for The Creature! I'm going to make him wear it and take pictures of him! He will hate every minute of it but I don't care! He is sooooo CUTE! I just want to scoop him up and kiss him all over his flat face! (Which I probably will and he will act like it's the worst thing in the world to ever happen to him. BAH!)

Working on some serious embroidery. Got bit by a bug I guess. I have an ambitious idea to embroider this lovely peacock on a pair of jeans for myself. I just have to find a suitable pair of jeans to do it on.

That hateful old bitch is still on my ass - wanting another meeting. I guess she figures she hasn't done enough to ruin the holidays so she has to take another swipe at me. I think punching her in the face is quickly moving up to the top of my Christmas list. And if I had a cell phone, I'd certainly delete her number from it afterwards!

Now, here's a bit of interesting news - the do-less manager of HERS (who covers her ass and doesn't back us up, either) is getting transferred. THAT could make for some interesting dynamics. Maybe. She seems rather upset by it (understandable since he never expected her to do anything and always took her side whenever anyone bitched at US). So I'll be glad to see him gone. I'm just wondering who they are going to replace him with. Not that it will matter to me.

That's two months from now and I've been diligently sending out resumes every week. Maybe by the time he leaves, I'll be gone or on my way out.

My green belt 6 sigma class is almost over. I can't believe it. I swear it just started. And I'm a week behind. I was caught up and then I forgot my book today. Bogus. I was going to read it at lunch. But, since I'm taking 1/2 day off, I'll put the CD in while I'm baking this afternoon. Then I'll finish this test and be ready for class tonight.

And somewhere along the way, I need to get my butt to practice. I've finally decided to take my adult silver test in February. It's mostly the Juv moves plus some odd stuff thrown in from the lower tests. I had wanted to take my FS test but I don't think the ankle (or my endurance) will be up to it.

I just don't get the ice time I'd like. Now if I didn't have to WORK in the salt mines, I would probably have both the time and the energy to skate. Ugh.

So from here on out I'm going to be practicing my moves and getting ready for this test. On Friday, Dori and I went over them just so I'd know what the test consisted of. You know, I remember when those damned back inside 3's were hard. I mean HARD. And now, since I've been working on the double 3's, they don't seem that hard. (I just get confused because I've been working on the double 3's for so long, I try to do them instead of the singles! DUH.)

I was rather pleased with this discovery. I never thought those damned things would ever get "easier" for me. But, lo, they have. And I am impressed with my old self! (And my old self is paying for all of this muscle control - my butt hurts so bad! OMG! My hips are sore and stiff. I really have to stretch out before and especially AFTER I skate or I can hardly walk the next day. It's just the muscles tighten up.)

But - I'm having less back aches now. So I'm thinking that is a good thing - I'm not using my back to do stuff - it's all in my hips where it should be. I probably should take up a pilates class again. It couldn't hurt.

For the past week I've had the most horrible craving for Cracker Jacks! WTF??? And that shit is gross! I eat it and I'm like "ick! This is so gross! Why am I eating this?" That is all I ate last night for supper - two fucking boxes of Cracker Jacks. Is that pathetic or what? And I didn't even particularly LIKE it. I just CRAVED it.

I guess that's better than craving something and not knowing what it is. Oh, I HATE that! I'd rather know what it is so I can eat it and get the craving over with than have to nibble here and there trying to find out what it is.

So the Cracker Jack craving seems to have subsided. Thankfully. And I didn't want none of that "fancy" caramel popcorn, either. I picked some up, ate three pieces and was repulsed by it (it is going home to mom, too). That craving was for CRACKER JACKS. Nothing else was going to do.

Weirdest thing! And I still can't believe I ate two boxes of that shit! Yuck! I don't eat a lot of sugar so it was waaaaayyyy too sweet and sticky for something I would "normally" eat.

I guess it must be my dotage.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 11:09 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com