~What in the Hell?~

Monday, November 06, 2006

~ So Much . . . ~

has happened that I just haven't had the time or the inclination to write it all down. Until now.

Work still sucks ass. But, there has been a break in the case - a comeuppance of sorts. It would seem that a few weeks ago there was some big pow-wow that everyone was supposed to attend (I, however, ignored this. These things are pointless).

When people started returning from the meeting (which lasted 4 hours - oh, yes!) word started trickling in about what was discussed and it would seem that yours truly is not the only unhappy individual at this company.

As a matter of fact, according to the HR statistics, fully 25% of the employees in this department who have been here less than 10 years are planning to leave within the next 12 months. Yes, you heard that right - 1 out of 4 people are looking for other jobs outside the company because they are fed up with the shit.

My first question was "did the sea hag hear this for herself?" Yes, she heard it. And she heard why - the same things I have been saying - there's no disclipline in the system and nobody is permitted to say "no - I don't have time for that".

Also that idiot in HR had to STFU and admit this is a troubling trend. Of course, when *I* say anything, I'm labeled a "miscreant" and a "troublemaker" and get my tail jerked into a knot. But I'm right. Oh, yes I am!

I can't tell you how tempting it has been to just stick my head in that dumb bitch's office and say "I told you so". But I don't. I just give her the smugest look I can muster (which is pretty damned smug) and stick my nose in the air whenever I see her skulking about.

They don't want to hear that people are unhappy. If you're unhappy, there must be something wrong with YOU. Well, wake the fuck up and smell the discontent, fool! I'm the only one who has the stones to SAY anything to your FACE. Other people are just planning on walking out the door.

That's a bit of vindication for me. I also went to talk to a lawyer about the disgusting treatment I've had to endure in this hell. He said that basically, there isn't anything I can do legally but he's going to send them a note and tell them that I talked to him and they need to pull their heads out of their asses. (Of course, he also said they'd try to make my life even more miserable - don't I know it - so I need to look for another job. Like I have been).

What else? The Creature is still feeling ok. I guess he was chasing dad around the house barking. WTF? The two old geezers playing. It scared mom. She knew one of them would get hurt goofing off. Turned out both of them did. Then they promptly fell asleep. LOL!

We're going to Vegas again at the end of the month. Yay for vacation!

I got put on some stupid designed to fail project at work. That they want implemented in the next two months. Yeah, right. The people who dream up these schemes don't realize the regulatory implications of this. We can't just go "do" it. We have to get regulatory clearance which is going to take 6 weeks a pop. Duh. Whatever. I'm tired of dealing with the idiocy.

The only good thing about this project is that the big wig told the idiots in Asia to STFU and not bother us with their constant requests for stuff. That will probably last another week. They think it means everyone BUT them.

I've been having some weird dreams lately. About the meaning of life and death. Very strange. So I've been trying to take the time to ponder these things. And clean the house.

Cleaning helps me think. I've gotten the place cleaned up and winterized - all the camping stuff is put up (sad face on that). We're settled in for the long cold nights. Ugh. I just hate this getting dark at 6pm crap. It sucks. Feels like midnight!

Somewhere I managed to "find" 8lbs! FUCK! I feel like a big old cow! (I know what it's from, tho. I sort of "let myself go" back in October - eating pizza 2x a week and eating a few cookies and some cake). So now I need to start hitting the gym again. My ankle is still a bit sore. It will probably take some time to heal all the way. But at least I'm back to jumping again.

It gets sore after jumping a while but that's expected, I guess. The swelling has gone down almost back to normal size altho there looks like there is some fluid still in there. (Not like I'm going to go have it drained. It's not bothering me and it would probably cost a fortune).

We've been listening to a lot of ELO (Electric Light Orchestra for those of you too young or fried to remember the 70's) lately. Good stuff. I love the musical arrangements. What can I say? I'm a child of the 70's.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com