~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

~ Too Much Fun ~

Was had by all over this past weekend.

The Unholy Grail made its nefarious appearance on BOTH Friday and Saturday nights. Friday was a bit "tame" - mostly dancing and socializing. It was pretty fun.

Saturday, however - well, it got outta control. What do you expect?

I pretty much laid around all Saturday and worked on some embroidery. It was nice. As evening came around, people started cooking and drifting back into camp.

At about 9pm I took the Grail backstage for our local comedy troupe - they were going to put on a performance at 10pm and wanted to have a crack at it's unholiness before the unwashed masses realized the infernal cup was about. So I stayed backstage for a few then went to round up my comrades for the show.

After the show, I sort of wandered from camp to camp with the Grail. By the time I had canvased the area, the Grail was full of new booze, two glowsticks and dry ice. The smoking, bubbling and glow sticks made it look so very infernal! It was AWESOME!! People were taking pictures of it.

As the night wore on, I ended up over at this one camp where a bunch of people I knew were. I started drumming and other drummers answered me from a few camps over. So I walked over there and asked them to join us.

THAT, my friends, was the catalyst. The drumming started, the dancing soon followed. I got out the zills, someone else had a tambourine, a flute showed up and started playing and the party was ON!

The liquor flowed freely from the grail, the sound of drums could be heard over the land, there was much dancing and talking and telling of tales. It was a blast!

We ended up killing off at LEAST (what we could count - lying around) 14 bottles of liquor (mostly rum, some tequila and some whiskey). Oh, the carnage! We danced and drummed and drank until dawn. Damn, it was fun!

Mostly I like the dancing and the drumming. Lately I've been doing quite a bit of dancing instead of drumming but that's ok. I'll drum my ass off at Pennsic because there are plenty of dancers there.

Methinks I'm going to have to get some shakey-things to make noise with. That way I can play a bit of backup to the drums if I feel like it. And sometimes I loan out my drum if I'm going to dance but I still would like to make noise.

I can't tell you how many people came up to me on Sunday morning and said, "wow! That was so much fun! Did you guys plan that?" Uh, no. That stuff just sort of happens.

The guy who's camp we invaded came over Sunday as I was packing up and I asked him how he was doing. "Better than I have a right to be," he said.

"Dude, I'm sorry about the mess. We sorta just took over your camp," I said.

He started laughing. "Are you kidding? That was a blast! There wasn't much of a mess - just empty bottles laying everywhere. And there was a black bra on the table - do you know anything about that?" He asked.

Hey - you know it was a hella time if undergarments ended up being left lying about! LOL!

Believe it or not, after staying up all night and getting only a 2 hour nap I went to skating practice and worked on my double salchow. Am I a glutton for punishment or what? I swear I was still saturated. Damn, I was tired as hell on Sunday night.

But it was so worth it. Of course, there were other activities that took place during the wee hours but I don't care to divulge any of that. One never knows who may inadvertently stumble upon my ramblings and get the right idea. hehehehe!

Today I had practice again at lunch. It's raining like a ho-bag out there but my back really isn't bothering me like it did last week. Maybe it was just the weather change. I dunno.

Today we worked on my moves for my test. They are actually coming along quite nicely. Then on to Axels. Ugh. But they are getting much much better. And they aren't nearly as difficult as I thought. It's more mental than anything.

It really helps if you keep your head up but I'm not going to mention that again. I have a bad habit of looking down (concentration). Maybe I'm finally breaking that habit! Yay!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 1:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com