~What in the Hell?~

Friday, May 05, 2006

~ TGIF ~

Ah, so, lemme see what's been happening. Not much exciting. Pretty much the usual - things have calmed down from my birthday and mom's surgery. Gas prices fluxuate about 20 cents a day (sometimes on the same day); Still skating and managing to gain weight; the job sucks (altho the sea hag has gotten off my ass since she's discovered I'm the only one who knows what the hell is going on - imagine that!) and that's about it.

I'm very glad it's Friday. There's a bunch of "loose ends" I need to tie up today but hopefully it won't take me too long. I plan on getting out of here "early" today (read: actually on time) since I've been putting in the 10 hour days all week.

It sucks because I need to mail a wedding gift and do the laundry and the dishes and the general "housekeeping" stuff. After getting home from work at 7pm there's really not a whole lot of energy left to do much of anything. So I don't. Heh. Who's going to stop me? Exactly.

Next weekend is the first camping event of the summer. YAY! I can't tell you how much I enjoy camping. Really. Getting out in the woods - or just AWAY in a TENT is so restful to me.

Oh, I've managed to paint the ring for my yurt. I'm still trying to find a good picture of an open lotus for the last two open places on it, tho. And some connecting thingies. But the outside of the ring looks really cool - I did it like the "real" yurt in the "real" colors. It looks really neat and I like it. I can't wait to set it up again.

Dad said people have been asking him if we had a "revival" that weekend it was up. That made me laugh. I guess we could have but not the kind THEY are thinking of. We're going to "revive" the Unholy Grail to go forth and claim all livers as its own. LOL!

I've started sewing again. I forgot how much I enjoy it. And embroidering. It's just nice to sit there sometimes and sew by hand. It's the repetitious "I don't really have to think" thing again. Like with ironing. No drama, no thinking - just sitting there doing something as your mind goes a wandering.

Now SEWING sewing - where you cut out the patterns and piece them together, etc. is much more mentally tiring and I haven't quite gotten around to taking THAT back up yet. Right now I'm just hand sewing some seams and doing some repairs and embroidery. Stuff that's already sewn together - I just need to hem or something. That's nice.

Today my freaking arm hurts like hell. I had a 60kg bucket fall on my shoulder and it hurts. It hurts to raise it up. It didn't hit me right on the shoulder - more like the arm at the shoulder. But it's stiff. Good thing I don't sleep on that side.

Now that the rain has stopped my back isn't bothering me nearly so much. And I went back to doing my skating pilates. It's amazing how much that helps - at least ME anyway. Sometimes I think if my belly were stronger my back wouldn't bother me as much. Like my back is stronger than my belly so it pulls everything out of whack.

Ah, well. This weekend I think I'm going to get my camping stuff ready and maybe watch some movies so I can embroider some more. It will be nice to just lay around. I enjoy my hermit-like solitude for the most part.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com