~What in the Hell?~

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

~ One of Those Days ~

Did you ever have one of those days when it seems like your BRAIN has departed for parts unknown leaving the rest of your body behind?

Today feels like that for me. Which wouldn't be so bad if I were doing the physical part of my job. But today (and the rest of this week) I'm stuck doing paperwork for the most part and my mind is off on vacation or something. It sure as hell ain't here.

Physically I could just run on "auto pilot". But writing reports and paperwork - no doing. My brain just won't engage for some reason. And I'm hungry as fuck. Rrrrr!

It's about that time of the month for me to be getting hungry, tho. So it's not unexpected. Still bogus just not unexpectedly bogus.

I kinda feel like zombies look in the movies - all slow moving and blank stare shuffling around trying to find grub. That about describes it.

And, of course, people are wanting me to think. I just look at them blankly and continue to stare past them. It's like being asleep but with your eyes open.

My back is bothering me, too. The stupid weather won't just GET WARM and STAY WARM. Dammit! It keeps getting cold and rainy. Fuck that noise! Clear up, get warm and stay that way for a while!!

All the preparations for my birthday party are final and paid for. The last things I have to do is sautee some veggies for the fajitas on Friday night and pitch the yurt. Everything else is done.

The rental place is coming over Thursday to pitch the tent and drop off the tables, chairs and chafing dishes. Friday we're pitching the yurt and setting everything up that we can for Saturday. And Saturday? I plan to sleep as long as possible then wander around eating all damned day.

Mom and I dug out all of the games and the card decks. Hopefully she'll be able to find someone to play cards or Trouble with her. That will make her happy.

Dad is still worried that someone is going to call the cops. For what? The only loud noise is going to be yapping and laughing. Not like I'm bringing my drum or telling others "massive drum circle - o'dark thirty at my parents!" He's paranoid, tho. *eye roll*

The poor Creature has no idea his domain is about to be descended upon by the masses. This may be the one chance in his pitiful life he actually has a shot at getting enough love and attention. Considering there should be about 30 people running around. If he don't get enough love and attention from 30 people he'll need to pack up his shit and move elsewhere! lol!

There are only three hard and fast rules - no one under 21 drinking (like I even KNOW people under 21 who would come without their parents!); no playing in the street (if people are stupid enough to do this - well, can you say, "darwinism"?) and Don't let The Creature escape the house.

Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? We aim to please. I can't say anything about underwear in a tree because you never know. And there ain't no laws against it. So there.

The music, I fear, will cause the greatest uproar. No music after 1986. What's the point? We've got Vietnam war protest music (hey - I can be subtle sometimes), disco (love!), The Stones, Fleetwood Mac, old school Elton, Led Zep - you get the picture. Pretty much everything made before Steve was born. (I'm dating myself here - heh.) It's still good stuff and certainly a hell of a lot better than that rap nonsense polluting the airwaves now.

Of course, dad wants to play his elevator music but I will forbid it! We're not putting people to SLEEP, dad! We want them to remember when THEY were young and foolish. This is, after all, a farewell (temporary, to be sure) to MY misspent youth. Music helps people remember. I'm hoping in a good way.

I'm thinking I might bug out of here early. To see if I can locate where my brain ran off to. It's a shame the thing doesn't have a GPS. It'd be sort of interesting to see where it actually IS. Probably somewhere warm - curse it's hide! It should have taken the rest of us with it!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 11:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com