~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, March 16, 2006

~ It is I Again! ~

Still slacking in my posting duties.

Been concentrating on the skating competition coming up on Saturday. It got here much quicker than I realized.

For the past two weeks I've been skating every day. I took last Thursday off because my lower leg has been bothering me. This has been going on for years - when I over use it I know. It starts hurting and I can't bend my foot up without pain. Walking hurts as well. I'm trying to rest it enough. Tomorrow I think I may either take it easy on the ice or only do my compulsory jumps.

It's my spinning leg and man, does it hurt when I spin. (All the contraction it's doing - supporting my entire body weight). There will be no spinning until the competition. And I have a test Sunday. The test I'm not so worried about. It's all pretty much easy stuff I can do in my sleep.

Actually the competition I'm not too worried about. Right now. Probably on Saturday I'll be near tears and blithering like an idiot as I try not to piss myself. But right now I'm ok.

Yesterday I did all of my programs. When I finished my competition program (in time with the music), my pro clapped and laughed. She said it looked good. But I need to keep my head up (bad bad habit of mine to look down at the ice - especially when I'm trying to concentrate. I don't even realize I'm doing it).

My costumes are ready. My skates are ready and I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I have to be at the rink by 8:30am. My first event is compulsory short program. My last is my Freestyle. In between is compulsory jumps and compulsory spins. I can't remember what time they are but I'll be at the rink all day. Just socializing or working if nothing else.

Sunday I go back. I'm working hospitality until my test. It's going to be a long and chilly weekend for me.

After this is over I'm going to concentrate on my birthday party. I'll have to start getting things ready for that. Then it will be camping season! Yay!

Work has been a cluster fuck of the greatest magnitude. "They" in "their" *infinite wisdom* (HA!) have decided that we (meaning those of us who make all the money) should be "sold off" to the lowliest section in the company. Why, I have no idea.

Oh, sure they have all these "visions" and other BS but I'm not buying it. We were sold out. AND - to add insult to injury - they stuck us under the WORST possible manager in the company. The loud mouthed bully who has been there since dirt and thinks he knows everything.

His second in command is one of those managers who doesn't have anything to do so he wanders around and gets under everyone's feet. UGH.

No one - and I mean NO ONE is happy about this. People have been on the warpath since we were told. Fucking stupid as hell.

And - if that weren't enough - we just found out yesterday that TWO of the 5 people in our group are getting pulled off to work this "emergency project" for the next 6 weeks so the THREE of us that are LEFT have to pick up the slack.

I'm like WTF??? Do I look like THREE PEOPLE?? And when am I going to get PAID like 3 people? And when are you going to tell the people throwing work at me "no more"? Of course they aren't. Just keep agreeing to do all this shit - it doesn't matter that you can't POSSIBLY get it all done. That isn't the point. Just don't say "no".

Just once I'd like to point out "poor planning on YOUR part does not constitute an emergency on MINE." Everyone talks and talks and talks about laying the smack down but no one will do it. Except me. Then I get in trouble for it. Fuck 'em.

Then today they decided they wanted to have this stupid meeting and everyone has to attend. I'm thinking - why? Who the fuck is doing the work if I'm sitting here in this stupid ass meeting counting flies on the ceiling? My time is better spent actually MAKING MONEY rather than being bored.

I guess the big wigs threw a meeting and no one came so now they're getting bitchy and trying to make them "mandatory" by taking attendance. Whatever. Seems a bit childish to me. If it were REALLY REALLY THAT important, one of them could come and tell me to my face. But it never is THAT important. It just makes them FEEL important.

So I'm still searching for a new job. One that I applied for said they can't take anyone just yet. Figures. I'll just have to keep looking. Been so busy lately I haven't been able to apply for anything else, tho. It's getting crazy.

Hopefully soon we'll have some good news. I think I just might have to say "fuck it" and run off to Rome again. Then I can stuff myself on good wine and good food as I practice my Italian. And then I won't give a shit about anything!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 6:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com