~What in the Hell?~

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

~ Crazy Shit Going On ~

First - praise be that Mercury finally went out of retrograde! Everything electronic just went into the crapper and swirled around for that three weeks. I lost my entire music library on my ihop.

Then, when I tried to reload it, my computer had lost the program. Fuck. The firmware crashed and I couldn't get it to reload. It was just a nightmare. I set it all aside and tried last night to reload everything. And, lo, it all came off without a hitch. Fortunately, all of the music is still on my computer so all I had to do was hook up the ihop to it but still - I couldn't even get THAT far before.

Now it's still acting a bit wonky but that's ok. It's not dead as a doornail now.

There has been a cart full of severed mannequin heads sitting outside my door for the last month. I'm beginning to find it rather disturbing. I wonder if it is a sign.

The AFF website has been down for quite sometime. It's been weeks since I've been able to get on there. And forget writing. I was taking a well-deserved hiatus from Mr. Wicked when he decided that three months was long enough for me to enjoy peace and quiet.

Oh, sure, I'd caught a glimpse of a pointed ear here and there. And sometimes I could swear I could almost smell him but I thought it was just a hallucination induced by too much sobriety.

Alas, it was no hallucination. He has invaded my dreams with a vengance demanding I write his smut. Again. *heavy sigh* Whatever. No site, no smut. Of course telling him this is like talking to a wall.

*abrupt subject change* So the other day I'm sitting in my office and it's about 6pm. Dave, the guy in the office next to mine, comes over and he's standing in my doorway, right? In one hand he has a bottle of water and in the other hand it looks like he's holding some pills. Then he starts bitching at me.

"Man, you all are fucked up! I thought we were fucked up! You guys are more fucked up than we were! Unbelieveable! I don't know how you do it!" He says and tosses back a handful of whatever pills he was holding and a big swig of water.

I look at him impassively. "You got any more drugs? That would help," I say.

Alas, they were vitamin supplements. Dammit.

The poor guy. He has my total sympathy. Yes, we ARE fucked up and are soon to be even MORE fucked up. The powers that be (in what passes for their "infinite wisdom") have decided that "you know, these people can still actually function. We need to really fuck them - and hard! Let's stick them in the most hated department in the division!"

Fuck. It amazes me how we can make money this is such a cluster. Oh, believe me, I'm still looking to get the hell out but I might as well be chained to a fucking oar for all the good it will do.

Just fucking crazy. And they took people AWAY from us!! WTF??? We were shorthanded as it was and they took people AWAY!

You know, I have a life, people. Granted, it may not be MUCH of one, but I still have it and would like to get the fuck out of here once in a while to wreak havoc on an unsuspecting bottle of Sailor Jerry, dig?

Speaking of which - I'm throwing myself a big old birthday bash next month. I figured "why not? I'm getting old. I'm not getting married. I might as well spend my money on a party just for ME."

I can say one good thing about working in a cluster fuck - it's certainly made planning this party a walk in the park. I've got contingency plans out the ying-yang. And I'm ordering early. Everything is pretty much ready to go. I just have to drop off the cash and the booze and we're good to go.

Of course, I can't let a birthday go by without buying myself a "little something" can I? OK. Besides a Disney Princess Coloring Book.

Check it out. Yeah. I've always wanted platforms. Check out the "hot specials" link, too. Man, some sweet shoes. Decent prices and I'm not even a "shoe girl". (I'd run around barefooted all the time if my damned feet didn't get so cold!)

Yeah, well, I went sort of berserk but that's ok.

I got me some SWEET fake snake skin go-go boots that I wore into work yesterday. They were a big hit. LOL! Yeah. I had to have them. Got some regular pumps (that I DID actually NEED) and a pair of glittery baby blue platform sandals that make me stand about 5'6". Pretty cool being "tall". I could see everything in my kitchen cabinets and REACH it without climbing on the counters.

But those white platforms - well, they take the cake. Steve, of course, loved them. They make me almost as tall as he is! They've got to be at LEAST 6" high (if not more - I haven't measured them yet). There will be absolutely NO DRINKING in those shoes. If I fell off of THEM I'd break my neck - not just my foot.

It's weird being that tall. I took all of my shoes home to model them for mom (she's a shoe girl so she can appreciate them). My dad came home while I was trapsing around in those platforms. I'm taller than HE is in them! LOL!

The dog hated them. He couldn't put his hands on me like he does with those on. And I refused to chase him with those on or bend over and try to pick him up. I would have toppled over!

So I've gotten enough shoes to last for quite some time. Then I had to go out and buy CLOTHES to match. OK, well not CLOTHES exactly. But patterns. Lots of patterns. There was an estate sale on ebay of patterns from the 60's and 70's. I made off with over 30 patterns for $10.

I'm pretty well set to relive the 70's. Yay for ugly clothes and ugly shoes!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 11:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com