~What in the Hell?~

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

~ Ugh - I'm Sick ~

And it SUCKS major ass. It's been a while since I've had a cold. Normally I just get sinus infections and the antiboitics knock those right out.

But today I have a cold. And I hate it. I'm tired, my nose is sore from blowing it all the time, my head is all fuzzy (partly from cold medicine), my feet are freezing and I have a fever.

God, I HATE this! HATE being sick! Everything seems like it's in slllllooooooowwwww motion and it's a labor of Hercules to go to the bathroom and crawl back on the couch. Ugh.

And here I wanted to take tomorrow off so I could get some stuff done around here. Right. Not happening. I'm off today but I can't do shit. It's taken me all damned day to get enough energy to do the dishes. This is so bogus!

Yes, I've been drinking enough water to float a battleship (hence my trek to the can every hour) and I've just been laying here reading for the most part. But still. I hate being incapacitated. HATE.

I went to the store to get some vegetables and it took me an hour just to walk thru the fruit/vege section and crawl to the register.

It's no wonder people have funky hallucinations when they're ill. Shit. I feel like my head is totally in another dimension and it takes every bit of effort I have to make my body move about. It's weird. I'm sure some people LIKE this "disconnected" feeling but I don't. I've got too much to do for my head to be floating around in the ether.

At least it's not the flu. No puking or that stuff. Oh, I HATE that the worst. A head cold I can deal with pretty much altho I don't LIKE it. But the flu - ugh. I just don't like not being able to "do".

Still - it's pretty rare that I get ill so that makes it worse. And I get grouchy because I can't "do" anything but lay around and be miserable. Ugh. Physically and mentally it's just bogus.

OK. Now I'm sufficiently worn out that I have to lay back down. Fuck. I guess all the stuff I wanted to do (mostly home repair stuff) will have to wait.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 3:51 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com