~What in the Hell?~

Monday, January 23, 2006

~ The Weekend ~

A friend of mine had a housewarming party over the weekend so we went down to visit her and her bf. It was very nice. I really like their house. It's perfect for them.

We had a lot of fun talking and socializing. Believe it or not I didn't have anything to drink. I just didn't feel like it. But it was nice.

Today I went to practice and finally realized why my damned hip flexors are so tired. It's from doing figures - specifically the double 3 turns. Damned things! I don't like them anyway and for them to make me hurt - well - the hell with them!

I finally got a "clue" about this dance pattern I have been working on. AH! It's taken me a while to pick it up but now it's pretty neat. I like it. Hopefully I'm doing it right.

All I did at practice tonight was work on my figs - not so much FS until the last 10 minutes. Wednesday I have a lesson. Hopefully my hip flexors will be feeling up to it. I have a feeling we're going to have a program. That's cool.

Got the pix from the last photoshoot. The last one came out really cool. Can't post it 'cause I'm totally nekkid! O_O!!! But it really looks neat. "Classical". I can't hardly believe that's ME. Very odd.

But - a series of the pix finally made me realize why my layback isn't quite right. Seems I only bend at the waist instead of at the shoulders - I don't roll my shoulders back. So that helped.

I tried one on the rink today - a layback. Those damned things make me really dizzy. I'm not quite sure why. No other spin makes me dizzy like a layback does.

A little tired and sore tonight. Been reading several books at a time. Just kinda taking it easy. Still looking for another job. I put some "feelers" out to another department. We'll see how that turns out.

I'd like to leave but I don't want to get out of the fryin pan and into the fire.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 7:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com