~What in the Hell?~

Friday, January 06, 2006

~ Serves Me Right I Guess ~

Not going to practice over the holidays. Now my hip flexors are killing me and it's hard to walk. They just feel so tired. I think maybe today I'll skip practice and the gym to let the muscles rest a little bit. I needs it.

When I skate regularly I tend to forget just how many muscles you really use doing that. Muscles I had forgotten I even HAD starting griping.

It's a good thing - yet still odd. After I tried my first axel I was like "whoa! I forgot how you have to scrunch your butt up when you do that!" Like a revelation. I guess you get so used to it you don't even realize you're doing it.

Motivation not to skip weeks. Hey, I don't care what you do at the gym it's nothing like skating. Why I don't know. It's just not. It helps but it's not the same thing.

What I'm listening to - "Smokey and the Bandit". Yeah. It was in my music folder at home and I just transferred all of that to the mp3 player. I had a LOT more music stored than I realized.

Anyway - hearing that song brings back a lot of memories. Like when one couldn't get Coors beer east of the Mississippi. Yes, young whippersnappers, this is true not just an urban legend. As a matter of fact, that is what the entire movie was about - getting Coors to Atlanta. Amazing.

Today everyone is bitching about this stupid thing I'm trying to finish - when is it going to be done? When can I have it? Uh, yeah. Well, seeing as how I've been waiting since OCTOBER to get it you're just gonna have to WAIT until I'm done.

Get this - one of the dudes I've been swapping CD's with was actually surprised to hear that you can get CD's and DVD's at the public library. Yes, my naive one, the library has LOTS of things besides paper books! There's CDs, DVDs, books on tape, books on CD, internet service, newspapers from all over the world, magazines - it's a wealth of information!

I was so proud of him when he came in the next day with CD's from the library. Yay! I've turned another one to the "dark side" of knowledge. Oh, shit! I forgot to warn him that The Shrub is probably keeping an eye on what he checks out. Oh, well. He's probably a rethuglican anyway. LOL!

Dad called me yesterday and told me I need to give the dog a bath. WTF? Mom doesn't like me to give him baths in the winter because she's afraid it's too cold and he'll get sick. So I told him I'd come up this weekend and give that mutt a bath. And trim his grinch feet up.

I had a hot pretzel this morning and now I feel bloated. Ugh. I had planned on going to skate a lunch so I wanted to eat something early. As the day has worn on the pain in my hips has increased. I even took some tylenol but that isn't helping a whole lot. So I'm not going to skate. But I hate this bloated feeling. Ugh. Maybe I'm just constipated. LOL!

I haven't finished Mike's tunic, either. I've just been not doing much after getting home from the gym except goofing around with my mp3 player (which I still haven't managed to figure out yet). Ah, well. He shouldn't need it until March or April anyway. And I'll have it done by then for sure.

My old officemate transferred to a new job and moved out yesterday. I am sad. Who am I going to get to help me with the math and physics stuff? :-( So bogus. He could explain things to me in a way I understood. Now I'm clueless as well as ChemEless. I guess I'll have to find another victim. AH! My neighbor just transferred in so I'll ask HIM!

Oh, I finally figured out why we don't have street musicians downtown playing Christmas songs over the holidays - it's too frigging COLD! I had thought about playing my violin - the hell with that! My poor fingers would have FROZEN to the thing. DUH. So that lil' mystery is solved.

Not much else going on here. It's gotten colder and trying to snow. Ugh. Means I'm going to have to set up shop in the sauna again. I rather wish I had one of those at home. I could really get used to that temp.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 11:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com