~What in the Hell?~

Friday, January 27, 2006

~ Random Ramblings ~

Lately I've been feeling that something weird is going on. Like the world is holding it's breath or something. It is very disturbing.

Not that anything has happened but it just *feels* like something is brewing. I don't like it.

Today at work everyone left 1/2 day early. EVERYONE. It was very strange. Like everyone is tuned in to whatever is going on but no one quite knows what it is. If that makes a bit of sense.

I came home and slept for 4 hours. THAT was strange because I'd slept fine the night before and got plenty of sleep. I kept asking myself if I felt ok - yeah. No fever, no aches (outside of the normal) - I felt fine. I just wanted to sleep. And not in my bed, either. What's up with that, I wonder?

Aside from that bit of strangeness, the dog was acting weird yesterday when I went to visit him. Usually he will bark like mad and run around the house trying to get me to play with him when I come over.

But yesterday I went in and he didn't bark or "scream" or anything. Just a lot of tail wagging and snot blowing. All he wanted was love. Just wanted me to love on him.

Mom wanted to know why he wasn't carrying on. Hell if I know. It was odd. I thought maybe he had been sick or something but she said not.

Altho he hasn't been eating a lot lately. All he wanted to do was sit in my lap or mom's lap. Then he got into his bed in the living room and stayed in there until I was leaving. Very strange. Not like him at all.

And my dad - I swear I don't know where he picks this stuff up. He hears things and doesn't quite associate them correctly. Here's our conversation.

Dad - "Didn't they put an iPod down there where you are?"

Me - "I'm sure there are a lot of iPods where I live. Did you want to get one?"

Dad - "Well, we passed one on the way to XYZ. I thought it was down there by you."

Me (confused)- "You passed an iPod or you want an iPod?" I look at mom for a translation. "What's he talking about?"

Mom - "It's an IHOP. International House of Pancakes. Not an iPod."

Me (cracking up laughing and falling over on the couch) - "He thought an IHOP was an iPod!"

Dad - "I knew it was something like that."

Me (still laughing) - "What's the difference between a Blackberry and a Dingleberry?"

Dad - "I know what a dingleberry is!"

So, those are two new familial words. IHOP is now iPod and vice versa (so when we go out to eat I'll say "let's go to the iPod!"). And instead of calling my Palm Pilot a "Blackberry" I'll just call it a "dingleberry" and be done with it. Since it's all the same anyway, right? ROFL!!!!!!

This week I got my skating music for competition and we've started on the program. It should be fun. I can actually count it now! I'm so proud of myself! Playing the drum has really helped me pick up better timing.

I had every intention of going to practice today but I just couldn't get my draggin' ass outta the bed. So I went and lifted weights at the gym. Then I went to the store.

I've had the worst hunger for apples. I got hooked on those Ida Reds and now if I don't have at least one of them every day it's like withdrawl. WTF? Me - eating apples! Surely a sign the apocalypse is near.

Hey - I'm a big veggie eater but not so much fruits. Especially apples. I never really cared for them - the consistency was not to my liking - too mushy. But these Ida Reds - oooooo! YUM! The taste and consistency are yummy.

Now it's quiet and my feet are warm. Looks like I'm going to be going back to bed. I dunno why I'm so tired. Probably the stupid weather. Cold and dark. It sucketh mightily.

Not sure what I'll be up to tomorrow afternoon. Steve and I are going out with some friends of his tomorrow night. That should be interesting.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 11:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com