~What in the Hell?~

Friday, January 13, 2006

~ Happy Birthday to the Big O! ~

Mr. Lickalicious is 29 today. I remember when I was 29. Vaguely. I believe I was intoxicated most of that year. And the one before that. Take a cue from me, licky baby and enjoy your youth! Everyone should have a wild and misspent youth!

I've been very busy this week - working late and skating. I'm quite tired today. I actually had to go run an experiment on the large equipment and the water system was down. I had to haul 6 cases of water by hand to do my thing. Ugh. That's just added physical labor - as if the actual making weren't physical enough. It is. Trust me.

My butt was dragging all day. I guess this week has caught up with me. So I just took my time. I got it all done. Made a big old mess - it was ugly. But that was the point. To PROVE to the plant that it was ugly and they'd be better off doing what engineering TOLD them to do in the first place.

I'm still mystified why this is such a big deal to them. No one seems to be able to give me a satisfactory answer, either. They just keep saying "we won't do it." I think they'll have to change their tune once some big wheel gets wind of their crap. But hey. It's not my problem. I just needed to make a mess to PROVE it was a mess.

Got my skating competition/test applications. Need to fill them out and send them in. Like a bad girl I didn't watch the Ladies short program last night. And it's my favorite. *sad face* I went to bed about 8:30pm. I was tired, I'm telling ya! I'll watch the long tomorrow.

Don't have my new pix yet so I don't know how they turned out. It should be interesting. Here's a snip of the convo between me and the photog:

Him - "Sit here. Like this. Now look at me."

Me - after seeing how he wanted me to sit - Hand in hair with my elbow resting on my knee - "do you want my disgusted at work look?" That's sure what it looked like to me. The pose I do right about the time I'm fixing to pull my hair out.

Him - laughing - "no, this isn't supposed to be 'disgusted at work'. This is supposed to be provocative."

Me - "oh. I dunno if I have another look other than disgusted at work!"

I guess it was ok. He didn't tell me to stop. Altho he DOES tell me to stop laughing at times. I can't help it. I feel kinda stupid and get the giggles. It usually doesn't last long.

Wednesday I had practice and my pro gave me all my forms. I think I'm going to test my FS up to my MIF level and compete in several different things.

She already has music but I'm going to need some other music to compete. It should be pretty easy to cut now that everything is on CD.

Thursday I ended up working late and going to the gym. I wanted to go to the store but I was tired and my hip flexors were starting to feel "tired" again. It's a very weird feeling. So I came home and went to bed early.

Tonight I just came home and took a nap. Tomorrow I need to clean this wreck of a place up. I haven't done anything all week so it's pretty messy. And I need to take the Christmas stuff down, too.

Sad all I want to do is nap. And read. Been reading before bed again. It's so nice not to have someone hovering over me demanding that I write. I can actually READ and ENJOY it!

Yes, I miss Hateful but I'm also glad I can do "my" things again. Maybe I'll take this opportunity of a long weekend to do some more cleaning out of the junk.

Who am I kidding? I'm going to sit here and read. Tomorrow I have to take my books back to the lib and go to the store. That means I'll get more books and lay around reading. I'm so sad.

Hey - at least I can put the laundry in while I'm reading!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:16 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com