~What in the Hell?~

Saturday, December 10, 2005

~ Holiday Treats ~

Ah! I have finished my holiday baking. Hurray! It has taken me 7 hours but it is finally done!

The carnage - 6lbs of chocolate, 3lbs powdered sugar, 2lbs peanut butter and several unfortunate gingerbread men.

Also about 10 rolls of Lifesavers candy in an experiment gone horribly wrong. But it was still quite interesting and it might come in handy later on.

I made me some gingerbread. I like gingerbread. Sometimes people make it too strong but this turned out really well. I tried a new recipe.

Well, I was gonna try it but I didn't have one of the ingredients so I just substituted what I thought would work chemically. And it turned out pretty good! Who says hanging with the ChemE's doesn't rub off? LOL!

Yesterday I finally got the oil changed in the car but they couldn't fix the tire. Bogus. So I still need to get that taken care of.

Now I'm rather tired and just sitting here watching Law & Order. The dishes are soaking in the sink. Most of them are done except for the bigger bowls. But now that I'm sitting down and it feels so good that I don't want to get up.

I still need to get the Christmas stuff out. I'd like to go thru it and get rid of stuff I don't use anymore but I just don't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow. If I feel up to it.

Yesterday I also ordered my new glasses. Finally. I've had this pair for 4 years I realized. My prescription hasn't changed much in that time which is good news. They should be in before the holiday. Yay!

Not much else going on here. Or I'm just too tired to remember. Oh, Steve's quilt is done. Finally. It's gigantic and heavy as hell. I've got enough fabric scraps left to make another one. I might do that in a month or two.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 11:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com