~What in the Hell?~

Friday, December 16, 2005

~ Another Friday. Irritation Rising. ~

It's getting rather close to Christmas, right? I mean there's what - eight shopping days left? So every night after work for the past two weeks I've had things to do. I don't come dragging in until about 7 or so.

Apparently no one else has errands to run or anything. I've been getting calls from various people about 6pm wondering where I am. Uh, out. If I'm at practice I don't get off the ice until 6 or a little after. If I'm at the gym I'm not leaving until about 7pm or so.

And, depending on where I have to go I'm not going to get home until late. And when I get home there's MORE work to do - dishes, laundry, wrapping gifts and getting things ready for the next day. Which means I'm probably tired and hungry by the time I finally get around to listening to my messages.

So today I call home, right? My mother doesn't want to talk to me because some stupid TV show is on. Whatever. Then I proceed to get into a 20 minute argument with my dad on why fucking Walmart won't change my fucking tire.

It's a long ugly story that boils down to - he flatly refuses to believe that this busted rim of mine is busted. No one will touch it or put it on my car. I don't WANT it on my car. Why do I have to argue with him about it?

I finally said, "look - what part of 'they aren't doing it' are you not understanding?"

He says, "I understand they won't put it on. Why not?"

I just got fed up and said, "Look, why don't YOU take it in there and argue with them? I'm tired of trying to tell you. They won't do, I can't MAKE them do it and I'm sick and tired of people thinking I can MAKE any one DO anything."

Fukcing pisses me off. What the fuck is wrong with people? Do I look like some fucking omnipotent being? No. The only thing I can remotely manipulate is the space-time continuum.

I cannot MAKE fucking idiots do their damned jobs. I cannot MAKE WalMart fix a tire. I cannot MAKE stupid people comprehend "no". I cannot. So why in the fuck to people think I can? GAH!

And why in the hell do children STARE at me? I mean fucking STARE. It's weird and kinda creepy. I mean they just stop what they are doing and watch me. I could be pushing a shopping cart, minding my own business and I feel their beady eyes on me - probing me.

I'll look around and, sure enough! There's some child, mouth all agape, staring wide-eyed at me like I'm some sort of bizarre creature. All kinds of kids. Usually under the age of 7, tho. The only thing I can figure is it's the red hair or they can see me in all of my djinn glory. Who knows? Weird as hell, tho. And unnerving.

And, on the heels of my last bitch, get this. Today was our department holiday party but I had a doctor appointment at lunch and had to miss it.

So, after it's over I go wandering in to the "party room" looking for some cheese or a leftover veggie tray to munch on. I figure I'll eat some carrot sticks and grab a couple of crackers, right?

Well, all that was left was candy and cookies. Ick. I look around and say "aren't there any vegetables left over? Or crackers?" Hey, I wasn't asking for much.

Then Mark says, "you can have this ham."

"OK," I say. "A piece of ham would work."

"No," he says. "You have to take the whole thing. Not just a piece."

"I don't want a whole ham!"

"You have to take the whole ham if you want a piece. We ordered too many. I have to get rid of them," he says and shoves an entire ham at me.

WTF?? OK. I take the ham.

Then, as I'm walking out holding this ham I didn't ask for, one of the individuals who USUALLY does things like take entire pizzas demands to know "how did YOU get that?"

I just shrugged. She probably wouldn't have believed me, anyway. Jealous bitch.

After work I have to go to the store and pick up some odds and ends. It was trying. I had wanted to go to the gym after I got out of the store but it was late and I was tired. My shoe was coming apart and bothering my foot so I said, "the hell with it."

All I wanted to do was come home, wrap some presents and relax. Instead I get into an argument with my dad over a stupid fucking tire because he won't believe me.

You know, I'm just sick of this bullshit. I get this shit every fucking day at work. If someone refuses to do their job, WTF do you think *I* can do about it? I'd LIKE to shoot them or, at the very least, fire their idiotic asses but I can't.

If I ask someone to do something - ANYTHING - and they refuse guess what? I can't MAKE them do it. You people need to fucking DEAL with it. Or, better yet, go bitch at them YOURSELF. I'm tired of being the fucking go-between getting my ass chewed by both sides.

I don't fucking CARE if that lazy motherfucker in KTC won't do his fucking job. I'll put HIS name in the blanks.

I don't fucking CARE that Walmart won't change my tire out. I'll go somewhere else.

Bitching at ME because *I* can't MAKE someone do what YOU want them to is not helping. You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem. If you don't take your bitching to the proper person, you're just part of the problem.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com