~What in the Hell?~

Sunday, November 13, 2005

~ Weekend Update ~

What I'm listening to - "Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends". Yeah.

Last week at practice my pro asks me if I'd like to skate for the "media preview" at a local parks Holiday Opening Gala. They need some skaters to show on TV and in the papers for publicity.

Well, you know I'd like to but I'm going to be in Vegas that week. Yes, I actually said that then laughed like a fiend. She laughed, too. Truth be told, I don't LIKE to skate in front of people. It terrifies me!

Oh, I've done shows before and competitions but I don't really LIKE it. Now if someone just wanted me to skate like I do at practice then that's all well and fine. I usually skate much better at practice (and try more things) than at a show or competition.

Anyway I'm going to be in Vegas living it up (read - attached to a craps table somewhere).

It's getting to be that time of the year again - the dreaded shopping season. A word of advice for anyone looking to buy electronic equipment as a gift (or for themselves) - wait until AFTER December 5th.

Why? Mercury is in retrograde until then and buying anything electronic is BAD. Very BAD. The thing will never work right, you'll have a bunch of trouble with it and it's generally a bad idea. I'd say not to buy ANYTHING but that's a little extreme. Just stay away from electronics at this particular time. After December 5th it's ok.

Look at this adorable picture. I think it's from one of the wire services but I'm not sure (since there's no watermark on it).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just LOVE that look on the whales face - It looks like it's smiling at that girl. So cute! Dolphins and dogs always look like they are smiling to me.

Speaking of "dogs" - I went to visit The Creature on Friday. Actually it was to drop off the pumpkin pie (which, according to dad is quite good).

Ug was asleep when I got there and barked his head off (I guess I sort of scared him). Mom had gone out with my aunts for dinner so dad was there with the dog alone. It would seem they were both dozing away when I knocked on the door and threw the whole place into a tizzy.

Once he was awake, he wanted to race around the house barking like a fiend until I chased him - the dog, not dad. So I did for a while - until he got tired then he wanted love. The snot-blowing mutt!

Yesterday I went to see "Capote". It was very very good. One of those movies where you just say "wow" after you leave the theater. Really made me think. And the dude who plays Truman Capote does a hell of a job with that voice. Even the mannerisms (from what I remember of the man) are uncanny. I would highly recommend it.

It's not an "action" movie by any means (altho the last 20minutes is rather graphic and gory) but it's very tense psychologically. I'm sure a lot of people will think it's *boring* because it's more "mental" and a lot of the "stuff" going on is unspoken. But I really liked it - I like movies that make you THINK and this one definately does.

Today I was thinking about going to the library. I have some books due that I need to return. I also need to pack for Vegas. The quilt is finally off the floor - yay!

Finally finished tying it off last night during "The Crusades" marathon on the History channel last night. They only showed 1-3. WTF is up with that?

Now I'm sewing the ends together. It will take me a while. And I have to put the pearls back on Mike's tunic I made for him. He seems to have worn the threads loose so I'll put them on with upholestry thread this time. THAT should hold them.

I guess he must really like it to wear it if he's worn the threads out on it already! LOL! Hey - we don't make ugly garb. No way no how.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com