~What in the Hell?~

Monday, November 28, 2005

~ Return From Vegas ~

Ah. Vegas was nice. The weather was about 70 degrees during the day which was quite sweet. Beats the hell out of the 30's we were having here. Ugh.

Didn't win the "jackpot" but I managed to turn $20 into $150 at a craps table the last night I was there. Slowly but surely you can do it. And have fun!

Let's see - what'd we do? Spent lots of $$ but not on gambling this time. Went to the Guggenheim at the Venetian to see the Russia! Exhibit (the first Romanov tsar). Very cool stuff.

Dad and I went to Caesar's Palace to shop (he always likes to go). Found the exotic car place. Very interesting. Spent a lot of time there gawking and drooling.

Found a fur shop with my chinchilla coat. Still want $25K for it. Dammit. I acutally tried one on this time. It was sweet. Dad couldn't believe the price. I told him if he was going to be a cheapskate that "I'll settle for fox". He snorted and the saleslady laughed at us.

Got my hair cut, colored and the guy straightened it for me (not permanent, tho). I got me some SEXAY hair now. I had about 4-5 inches cut off of it. Looks a lot better, IMO.

Also went to a few pawn shops and bought mom a ring for Christmas. Got one for myself because it fit my little finger, was really neat looking and only $25.

Got two massages. That was nice. So relaxing to just lay there and get rubbed. No wonder the dog likes it so much! LOL!

Bought a ton of souviners for everyone - luggage tags, cigarette cases and magnets. No big deal. Also bought myself two dresses. Spent my $$ on things other than gambling. Of course, I did my fair share of that but if I won, I spent it on "stuff".

It was nice just to be away from work altho I'm still a bit tired. Spent most of the time on my feet and my knee was giving me problems. I think it might have been my shoes, tho. Next time I'll take two pair of shoes.

We all missed The Creature while we were gone. Dad actually wanted to call and see how he was. Of course, when they got home I called to make sure he was ok. I'll have to go see him this week. I missed that mutt.

Today it is quiet at work. So far. I have a meeting with the sea hag this afternoon. Are we taking any bets about how she tries to give me shit again? Not that it matters. I've got a few prospects I'm looking in to.

I shouldn't have to put up with her for much longer - she usually takes about the whole month of December off. That will give me time to look for a job and not have to deal with her shit.

Strangely I've gotten several short story ideas lately that I need to write. And I also need to finish Mr. Wicked's story. We're almost done. I think another 5 chapters or so will do it - if that many.

He's wandered off somewhere and I don't think he's going to be back any time soon but who knows? He tends to come and go as he pleases. Knowing him he'll wait until I have the last chapter written then appear and want to add another twist to it. I'll have to throw him out on his pointed ear if he tries to pull that shit again.

I have to admit it will be a bit of a relief to be finished with that saga. It's been coming up on a year that I've been writing it and everytime I think I'm getting to the end he changes things. Kind of like work - last minute changes which throws everything into a tailspin.

Oh, well. Not that I mind him being around. I've gotten rather used to him and grown oddly fond of him. I just want him to be quiet for a little bit and let me get caught up on some other stuff. I don't think that's so unreasonable.

But then again, I don't think it's so unreasonable that people get their shit together before they come barking at me. I must be a very unreasonable person. HA!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 10:26 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com