~What in the Hell?~

Sunday, October 02, 2005

~ Busy Day ~

Today was. Or yesterday since it's like, officially Sunday. Isn't it? Or is the time change this weekend? Well, I'll find out tomorrow, won't I?

I was bad and skipped dance practice today. I overslept. Must've needed it. Then I went to the bookstore at the mall. I haven't been in there in about a year. The mall, I mean.

Bought a couple of books. Two on psych, one palmistry and two on playing the violin. One of the violin books actually had "Twinkle Twinkle little star" and "Mary had a little lamb" and I practiced those tonight.

Oh! Thursday I had dinner with my bff. I took my violin with me because she loves violins and I thought she might be interested in getting one of her own. Well, it was our fave Mexican place and they just so happened to have a Mariachi band there. And one of the guys in the band just so happened to be able to play the violin. How cool is that? So he tuned my violin and played it for us! It was great! So I know it works and makes good noise because I heard it! (The E string was screechy because 1 there wasn't enough rosin on the bow and 2 the string keeps slipping and won't stay in tune).

At the music store I was talking to the clerk about it and he's like "so, is it hard to play?" I'm like "the hell if I know! I just thought I'd give it a try." I think it might be but I'm still not sure. Right now it's not too bad.

Of course, while I was in there I had to plop down and play their drums. I was not impressed by their selection. But they seemed intrigued that I could play. Only the middle eastern stuff, I assured them. I don't know anything "modern" or "current". No need to where I play.

Then tonight I went skating. It was nice and deserted. Some dude asked me if I teach. He thought I was still in college. har-har! Not hardly, hon. Not for many years. I gave him a few names so hopefully he'll contact someone. He said he was more interested in private lessons than group. Hey, whatever.

Now AFF has a notice that we have to put disclaimers on all of our stuff. What a pain! Means everything is going to get bumped around. Oh, well. Hopefully it will shake out soon. We have until the end of the month then they are going to start deleting things. I guess someone must've raised a stink about the copyrights or something. Who knows?

I updated all of mine with the disclaimer so hopefully I'm safe.

Tomorrow I'm going to go home and beat the creature. He needs it. I know he's been blowing snot and getting fur everywhere. That's what he does best.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 12:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com