~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

~ Amnesia ~

Does anyone else get it? I mean, I can be thinking the greatest things - ending world hunger or something and if someone asks me what time it is - Poof! I totally forget.

Happens a lot when I go to the store, too. I have a mental list of everything I need to get but as soon as I walk in the damn door, I swear I totally forget EVERY SINGLE THING. WTF?

Yesterday I ran into more of my buddies at the seminar. One typical conversation.

Me "Hey, Moose! How are you?"

Moose "Girl! Long time no see!"

"Have you seen Timmy?"

"Yeah, I ran into him and Statski yesterday. Who else is here?"

"I saw Goat Boy and Dammit Jimmy. I wish El Flatulante and Rollo were here. I miss them, too."

We had/have the most colorful names for everyone. I actually made a LIST and distributed it to the people that worked with us so when we'd start asking about someone they'd know what the hell we were saying. LOL! I still have it, too. Somewhere on my hard drive at work. Too funny. A lot of the people on that list have retired, too.

It was like old home week there. I really miss those guys. I'm just not cut out for this political BS. Gimme something mechanical to play with and I'm perfectly happy.

My first question is usually "how does it work?" and "can I take it apart?" Not that I'd be able to put it back TOGETHER again - I just want to find out how it operates. LOL!

Ah, so. I probably need to get back into engineering. I'm much happier dealing with THINGS than stupid people who ass kiss. *eye roll*

Speaking of engineering - I ran into Bean today. I need to talk to her regarding some other info I picked up that might relate to what SHE is doing. And I want to get some info FROM her. Can you believe it? We'll probably go to lunch and talk work. Oh, well. Shit happens sometimes. What can you do?

I was supposed to go to practice tonight and I freaking fell asleep on the couch. And I was out. Like a log. I didn't even MOVE for nearly 3 hours. I laid there, in the same position as I fell asleep in the whole time. Ended up sleeping thru practice. What a moron. I must've needed it, tho. And believe it or not, I'm still tired.

Probably from all that walking yesterday. I must've walked like 5 miles. I was completely worn out and was tired this morning when I woke up. The weather might have something to do with it, too. Whatever it is, my ass is draggin' today.

Picked up some books at B&N on my lunch hour yesterday - hence all the walking. Also more fags and rum. HAD to restock the rum supply after the hurtin' we put on sailor jerry at harvest days. Probably won't bust it out again until Mike's party but it's cheaper in the motherland so I'm going to stock up!

Last night I forgot to put my violin away after playing it. That's weird. I can play "Mary had a little lamb" and "twinkle twinkle" pretty good now. Started working on "yellow rose of texas" "america the beautiful" and "comptown races". They are coming ok. Found a whole bunch of Christmas music that's made for those of us who don't read music.

I sort of - kind of - have this strange idea of learning some of those and taking the violin downtown and playing after thanksgiving. Just to do it. We don't have any street musicians in this dead-azz town. And I'm not good by any stretch of the imagination but it's like there's something missing without street musicians. Maybe that's just me.

Or maybe the cops will come and drag me off. But I'm not doing anything illegal - well, maybe being a public nuisance. lol! Hell, I dunno WHY we don't have them. But we NEED some, IMO. They add a little "color" to the atmosphere.

Anyway - that's jumping a bit ahead of myself. I still need to get out from under the sea hag at work. Been hiding out in the motherland this week. HA! Next week, tho, I think I might have to bite the bullet so to speak. But I'm going to do my homework first.

I have a bit of a plan as well but I want to run it by the Bean or the Master Batcher first. Because they've been around longer and know the rules of the game.

Not much else I can think of right now. I'm sure as soon as I hit "publish" everything will come back to me. That's usually how it happens! LOL!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 7:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com