~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, September 29, 2005

~ Progress ~

Of sorts.

No practice yesterday - the ice was melting. The stupid compressor konked out so I didn't have a lesson. So bogus. Went to Pilates class instead.

After class I went home and messed around on the violin for a bit. I have come to the conclusion that I do not like playing it right handed. It isn't right. So I will play left handed. The hell with getting it re-strung, too. Not like I'm going to be playing in a symphony anyway, huh? Besides, it sort of makes sense being backwards and all. I dunno. That E string is God-awful screechy, tho. I don't like it. Not at all. (That's probably why it's supposed to be on the INSIDE - the deeper notes are probably more forgiving).

Found a few sites that teach you to play using colors and numbers. That is very nice. I didn't realize that the thing had unmarked frets. o-O what's up with that? Fortunately, I can HEAR the different pitches (when it's not screeching). It's kind of neat.

But I'm puzzled as to how some of this stuff is supposed to SOUND. Like there's no "twinkle, twinkle little star" so I know what tempo to play at and if I'm doing it right. If I could play something I KNOW how it's supposed to sound I'd know how BAD I am. Heh! Maybe I don't wanna know! Hehehe!

Drummed for a bit, too. Still trying to figure out the "snap" noise. And I've started messing around a bit with it. Don't think I could "challenge" anyone like some do but at least now I can play with my eyes OPEN and not get messed up. Hey - it's a step in the right direction!

So last night I'm sitting in bed staring at the bookshelf for no real reason and out of the blue Mr. Wicked hands me one of my art books. OK. Look at the pretty pictures and see what he wants. Looking, looking - yes, that's nice.

Suddenly it hits me. I finally know what he wants and how to get from point A to point B. AH! It was like a mental orgasm! AH! Finally! I went to bed with a big smile on my face. I even looked forward to coming in to work today - so I could start writing. LOL!

And I did write! And it was so wonderful! (Of course, it was only the skeleton but once the bones are in place it won't be hard to fill it all in once we sit down again.) He was smirking in the doorway as I left for work this morning. I was half expecting him to show up HERE but he didn't. He knows I've been having a hard time here lately and maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want to add to my agony.

After work I have dinner with a friend. Then when I get home I know he's going to be there, waiting. I'll let him read what I've written so far and see what he thinks. Then tomorrow and Saturday will be mondo writing days, I'm sure.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 3:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com