~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

~ Two DAYS! ~

And counting! Then I'm free (for the most part). I'll return on Sunday to work three days then flee.

AND - AND! I finally got ahold of Yurts R Us and they have agreed to let me rent one of their yurts at Pennsic! WOOOOOO! Sweet! So awesome! I've been wanting to try one of these things for years - actually had blueprints to build one but I thought they were too hard to set up alone. But after talking to this dude I see I was misinformed. One person can set one of his up in 2 hours. Yeah, I know it's not like 20 minutes but hey - he says he can do it in 1/2 hour (the more you do it the better you get at it).

I'm sooooooo excited! I've wanted to get one of these things for years but I just couldn't bring myself to part with the $$$ and then when they were renting them I thought that would be a great opportunity to try one. But I was lazy and kept hearing how you couldn't set them up on Runestone Hill, they are too hard to set up, blah, blah, blah. But then I just decided to call and talk to the dude and rent one just to see. So I'm renting one. We'll see how this goes.

I've finished one of my Ghwazee coats - now I've got to do the other - just hemming it up. I'm still kinda bummed that I don't have more linen than I thought I did. I was hoping to make some more undergarments but - ah. That's ok.

There's still more hysteria going on at work but I just don't care anymore. I'm leaving and they can't stop me. So there! All of their bitching, complaining and hysterics are going to get them NOTHING.

Someone finally got wise and realized that I had twice as many projects as everyone else. Hmmmm. The excuse was "we need your expertise elsewhere". Yeah, right. Whatever. They want me to get caught up. I've got paperwork from FEBRUARY that I still haven't turned in. Sad, isn't it? Yeah, well, since the Master Batcher ran off that has left ME as the individual with the most experience with all of the formulas (which is freaking scary as hell!)

Tomorrow is practice and honestly, I haven't even thought about skating. Just sewing and packing and getting ready to leave. Ah, well. I don't think we'll be doing any doubles because I only have a 15 minute lesson. I think we're doing combo spins but I could totally be on drugs. We'll find out. I don't feel up to doubles tomorrow but that could change.

I've still got a bunch of stuff to pack. Doing the laundry now for underwear and socks. I've drug everything out of the closet I just need to find something to put it in to haul it. I have a big nylon shipping bag I think I'll put it in.

I completely intend to live like a Sultana at Pennsic this year. Indeed! Jealous, bitches? Heh! I thought so! But don't worry - you can come and enjoy the view from my yurt!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 7:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com