~What in the Hell?~

Monday, August 01, 2005

~ So Close ~

To Pennsic I can feel it. I've got my little countdown clock running. It says "4 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes". Wheeeeeeeee! I'm soooooooo going away and no one can stop me! Oh, my vaca is so well deserved after all the drama/hysterics of the past week. And this one is shaping up to be just as bad.

I'm getting nasty grams from Asia wondering why X hasn't done his job. OK. Why don't you ASK X and not me? That would be the logical thing to do, people. If X isn't in the office or isn't doing his job why is it MY problem? Trust me, if it were in my power to lay the smack down on these idiots, the smack would get laid down in a big ugly way.

Speaking of Ugly - someone maniac wants his HAIR! ROFL!!! I couldn't believe it! There was an ad on the bulletin board for Peke hair. I don't even wanna know. Someone is going to PAY for his friggin' FUR! LOL! Oh, I'd shave his rotten hide BALD for sure! LOL! I don't know how much they want or what it's worth to them - no one has returned my call yet - but it will be highly amusing to see what this is about and how much I can get out of the mutt. It's about time his spoiled hide was put to WORK! HA!

Thus far no one has scolded me for blowing off the company picnic. I'm just waiting for it, tho. What's the big deal, anyway? Wasn't I in here working and trying to keep the world from ending? Geez, I feel like Batgirl sometimes.

But I will get my play time. Oh, yes I will! Free of Mr. Wicked, free of work, free of all responsibility and obligations. My only concerns will be "where's my drink?" and "where are my panties?" LOL!! And I probably won't give a damn about the panties after Sunday anyway. LOL!

Ah, I so deserve to get away from this madness. To have nothing more to worry about than "should I get off of my lazy azz and go to belly dance class or should I go back to sleep and maybe roll out of bed in time for drumming class?" Unfortunately, there isn't any room service - otherwise I'd not stir until the freakin' sun drove me out of my tent.

Here's my tentative schedule - wake up about 10am. Brush teeth, drink lots of water. Read the paper and eat breakfast. Maybe take a shower and put on clothes. Maybe just sit there. Debate these two options until the sun goes down. Put on High Priestess of Debauchery Vestments. Fill Unholy Grail with alcohol. Go for a walk looking for converts. Fall into bed fat drunk and happy. Lather, Rinse and repeat. Sounds like torture, doesn't it?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the world is ending, mass hysteria is running rampant, dogs are breeding with cats and I'm blissfully oblivious to the entire thing. For, my dear, there are no phones where I am going. Nor electric. Nor "outsiders". And I don't have a cell phone, either. There is no way for anyone from this layer of hell to reach me or find me even. HA! Oh, the sweet freedom! (Of course, my mother has her own "maternal hotline" to me but that's it.)

For over 12 days I will be completely and utterly FREE from any bitching, moaning, obligations whatsoever and it will be wonderful! Is it any wonder I mope around for days after it's over?

Just to jerk my chain, I got called for freakin' jury duty on the day I would normally leave. Rrrrrr! Means I'll have to leave a day before I'd like to. Rrrrr! But still - I'll be able to hit midnight madness and MWOP. Heh. But I'll have to miss "ladies night" again and I'm kinda bummed about that. I was rather looking forward to maybe sticking around for it this year. So bogus!

This weekend I did some packing. It never ceases to amaze me how much garb I have. There should be an award for excessive garb above and beyond the call of human decency. I wold certainly win it. LOL! Of course, my mundane wardrobe is woefully inadequate but I have some serious garb.

I'm rather disappointed that I don't have as much linen as I thought I had squirrelled away. So bogus! Apparently, I've already made it into stuff. But it's good stuff - I just thought I had more. Oh, well. I'll just buy more.

This week I've got to do my grocery shopping and finish up the last bit of sewing. Also need to finish the packing. I've managed to get most of it rounded up - I just need to re-consolidate it from the various outings over the summer.

Ah! I'll leave on Friday I think. Or Saturday morning. Return Sunday night. Work Monday, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. Then I will disappear into the Middle Ages until I am recalled for bogus jury duty. Ah! It will be so nice!

To hell with those idiots! I'm going away!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com