~What in the Hell?~

Friday, July 15, 2005

~ Some Random Disconnected Thoughts ~

Hmmm. Yes, where to begin? First of all, this weather bites the big one. We're getting the aftermath of that stupid hurricane Dennis and it's made everything cold and dreary for the past week. It sucks. It needs to stop. It's made me tired as hell and I don't like it one bit. Also makes my back hurt. Not good.

Had my lesson yesterday. That axel is so close I can feel it. So the thinking about pulling with my left instead of pushing with my right is making some good sense. Funny thing is to me, spinning takes more out of me physically than jumping. I mean, if I have a lesson of nothing but spins, I'm panting halfway thru but I can jump for an entire lesson and not really feel drained at all. Weird that. Of course, there's more scrunching and holding and fighting gravity for longer times when you spin than when you jump. Theoretically, anyway. But I can spin when I'm tired and my jumps just go to hell.

Anyway - I took a pretty hard fall. Think I might have to go to the chiro and get it straightened out. The left side of my pelvis is rather sore today. Guess this means I'm not going to be sitting on my ass much, huh? hehehehe!

The rug has arrived. I go pick it up today. Yay! Talk about fast shipment! I've been keeping my beady eyes on the other rugs, too, just to see what they are going for. Either I got extremely lucky or taken. We'll find out today which one it is! Most of those other rugs are going for about $500 minimum. So I kinda wonder what's up with that. Makes me think.

I think today I am going to solve one MAJOR issue that's reared it's ugly head in the last week. I've almost been losing sleep over this but I think we may have found a way to solve it. So I'm going to attack it again today. Spent most of yesterday trying to work it out and I think we may be able to solve this with a minimum amount of kicking and screaming. Which will be good.

It's so freaking QUIET over here I can't hardly believe it! It's great! I swear I've gotten more stuff done in the past few days than I feel like I accomplished the entire time I was suck in that other office. I can come in, answer my mail and start working with NO INTERRUPTIONS! It's so refreshing to not have to babysit someone. Is anyone surprised that I don't have children? lol!

The saga of Mr. Wicked is almost over I think. This is just killing me on so many levels. I should probably stop reading the reviews if I want to finish it. Believe me, I completely understand the feeling of "I can't believe she did this". I can't justify it. I can't condone it. And hey, I didn't do it!

It's just one of those things I guess. Honestly, real life isn't cut and dried most of the time. Nor is it black and white. It's one of those things where whatever you do could cause a reaction somewhere else - sometimes in ways you aren't even aware of. Let's face it, a lot of times many of us make decisions and only find out later the totality of what was involved.

Maybe that makes a better story. Maybe it doesn't. I dunno. But I think those are the stories you remember long after you read them. "Sophie's Choice" comes to mind. "All Quiet on the Western Front" is another. Were they good? Hell yes! Did I like them? Not really because there was no happy ending. But I cried and they made me think and I still think about them to this day. Maybe that's all I can hope for huh? (Not that anything I'd ever write could remotely compare. LOL!)

I know there's going to be no happy ending. No matter what happens, someone is going to be severly hurt and I can't help that (altho I'm trying like hell to prevent it). But life is like that. I mean, we all want "happily ever after" but how often does that happen?

Yeah I know it's fantasy and should be entertaining. And in a way I feel guilty for not making it more light and entertaining. Was it my choice? Not really. My choice was not even to write this from the get-go. My choice was to leave TSM lie quiet as it were. But somebody flatly refused to leave me in peace and had to stir up a whole shitpot of trouble. He is so obviously in management. He shows up, causes a big mess then leaves as he congratulates himself! Arrrrggghhh!

Then he had the cajones to tell me that I must not be doing a very good job of making him "look good" if his readers are starting to question his fortitude. WTF??? As if! Am I getting PAID for this? I think not! So it's not my damned job, bud. Get it right. Maybe if you were PAYING me to write your sordid little tale we'd talk about how "good" you need to "look". But you're not. And I'm calling it as I see it. So there. Maybe you should straighten your ass up! What do you think about that? Uh-huh!

You know, part of me will be very glad when this is all over. I'll be able to go back to skating and swimming after work. Probably even start sewing massively again. (I really miss sewing). And yet part of me will be a bit sad to see it end. Relieved yet sad. Steve says he thinks Mr. Wicked will probably still hang around a bit - not leave totally but make his visits more scarce. I can't decide if that's good or bad. Maybe in the winter when things calm down it would be ok. Or at least I could give him more of my attention. I think he'll probably know that.

Random - the bottom of my foot is itching like mad. Just in one spot. Weird.

Ah - more random. Word is the Big O is in LA. Steve is in LA. HEH! I have my request in. Steve is plenty big enough to grab Orally, stuff him into his suitcase and bring him to me. Lord knows the Big O is half starved so he won't be able to put up much of a fight. Poor thing probably doesn't weigh any more than I do and Steve can pretty well just pick me up and toss me so Orlando shouldn't be a problem.

I would do such the happy dance to show up at the airport baggage claim to find Orally stuffed into Steve's suitcase, dazed, confused and grateful to be freed! He'd probably not even be coherent enough to protest me licking him all over! LOL!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com