~What in the Hell?~

Thursday, July 07, 2005

~ Attack in London ~

Today I get into work at about 715am EST (115GMT)and I find a news alert from the Daily Mail in my inbox.

Six bombs have gone off on the London Underground and one on a bus in Russell Square.

It was quite frightening. Lilibean was flying to London on the 10am GMT flight from Paris. Yeah. So I called the Master Batcher in Paris and asked him if he had heard the news and if he had heard from Lili. Yes to the first question, no to the second.

He calls her cell. It goes right to voicemail. He leaves a message and goes to a meeting. I bite my fingernails and read all the British outlets - Daily Mail, BBC - even the Sun.

I don't have words to express my disgust for these asshats who actually believe that bombing a bunch of innocent people on their way to work is going to make their world any better. WTF???

Nor can I adequately express my shock, dismay and sadness for the people of London. I love London. It is one of my most favorite places on the planet. I HATE to see something like this happen.

It amazes me how few people were actually killed in these bombs and for that I am grateful. Many, many more people could have been killed. But still, the death toll will be too high. Even if it were just one person. It's pointless.

If there is one thing I HATE it's waste and stupidity. And this is both. It's a waste of human life and it's fucking stupid.

Am I worried about Lili? Yes, but I know her plane didn't leave Paris until AFTER the last reported blast so I know she is safe. I just want her to know that we are ALL worried about her and she should let us know if she can get OUT of London when she needs to.

But I'm more disgusted and the more I see of this world the more glad I am that I don't have kids. I hate what the world has become and wouldn't want to bring another innocent soul into this mess.

To anyone British out there in the vastness of cyberspace know that, for what it's worth, there's one candle burning for you tonight.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 9:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com