~What in the Hell?~

Sunday, June 05, 2005

~ SKATES! ~

Just in case anyone wanted to know that!

So, it's Sunday. Had a pretty decent weekend. Friday I was in a foul mood so I came home and slept then met Steve for dinner. That was nice. I was still pretty tired, tho. I dunno why. Probably all the stress at work getting on my nerves! ARGH!

After dinner we went for a walk and ended up over at Play It Again Sports and I found a pair of SP Teri skates with MK Vision blades on them. Now, as you might recall, I was wanting a new pair of blades (NEEDING is more like it - my others have about had their last sharpening).

Well, the blades were the right length so I bought the skates for $40. Yes - FORTY DOLLARS. Know how much those BLADES ALONE are going for? $320. Yes, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DOLLARS. Woooooo! I was frothing at the mouth over that! And they are in good shape!

Hell, the BOOTS are even in good shape and they FIT (I didn't think they would being a 5 but they do! Woooo!) So now I have new boots (new to me,anyway) and new blades. But I think I'm going to put the Vision blades on my beloved Harlick boots and see what happens. I'll put the old Coronation Comets on the SP Teri's and keep them as a backup (get them sharpened, of course!)

Of course, I'm thinking that my spins will probably be off a bit because I tend to spin on the middle of my blade and I won't be able to do that with the Visions since the rocker is quite a bit shorter. Oh, well. Break me of my bad habits I hope.

This week summer skating school starts which means I can skate before WORK! WOOOO! Don't know when I'm going to be able to get a lesson, tho. But skating before work RULZ! I can be exhausted when I go in to work instead of being tired at practice! YAY!

Also, I found out that my dance class is still going on so I went on Saturday. It's a lot of fun but damn, I feel so uncoordinated in there! Ah, well. I like it. And it's fun. And it's a great workout!

Today I've tried to clean a bit and do the laundry. It's such a pain. I really hate cleaning. Dug out a bunch of my sewing stuff, too. I just need to set the color on that linen before I wash it. Maybe I'll do that this week. I need to.

And it finally got HOT here. I'm thawing out from the winter so I don't have the AC on. I'm sweating and it feels GOOD! Yeah! Sweat! No more freezing to death! Sweet!

The Hateful One still refuses to talk to me. He's been moping around so I think I'm just going to start writing and if he doesn't like it he can put up or shut up. So there!

OK - time to take out the laundry.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 6:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com