~What in the Hell?~

Monday, June 06, 2005

~ AH! At Last! ~

This morning I went to practice before work to try the new blades and they are GOOD! Mmmmmm! Wonderful. I couldn't mount them on my Harlicks but that's ok. I used them on the SP Teri's and they are SWEET!

The rocker is shorter so I can't spin on the middle of my blade (as I am wont to do) and it makes my turns really sharp and quick but I'm not doing those back inside 3's until I slap them on my good boots. I would rather try my doubles than do figures. Eeek!

The boots are in really bad shape, tho. Someone didn't take care of them very well and they are dried out. The blades were a little rusty but the pumice stone took care of that. I'll put some mink oil on the skates and let that work its way in tonight.

I talked to my pro about getting the new blades mounted and she said to talk to another one of the pro's who can do it so I'll have to do that. I'd really like to try those bad boys out on my Harlicks before I have a lesson. It didn't take me long to get used to them - not at all.

The boots don't match the blades, tho. The boots are like for a beginner and the blade is for an advanced skater. Someone probably about killed themselves skating on that if they were a lower level.

Now for today's humor!

Check this out -

Needless to say, these things have been passed out to every person at work! LOL! The boss already has three of them! LOL! So appropriate and so needed on so many levels!

I'm thinking of getting up early and hitting the Pilates class before work. I think that would be a good idea. Skating this morning before work really helped me stay alert and the day seemed to go a lot faster. That's always a good thing.

So tonight when I get home I ask the Pouting One if he is going to talk to me. I'm having some problems with his story and he's not been helping. This is the look he gives me when he's disgusted with me (actually, he pretty much looks at me like this constantly).
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Does he give me an answer? Well, hell no! That would make life just too easy for me and we CANNOT have THAT! Quelle Horror!

Instead he throws a book at me "Fellowship of the Ring". OK. I get it. I'd lost the feel of Tom and Goldberry and I have to find it. Can't expect HIM to talk about anyone but HIMSELF now, can I? (See me give him that disgusting look right back!) So there!

Finally broke down and turned on the AC today. It's set at 85 so hopefully I won't freeze to death. That would suck a big hairy one.

I'm still threatening to sew. I've actually pulled out the books and patterns and have decided what I'm going to do. Push is this weekend so I doubt if I get around to starting anything. I still need to pack the car up!

THIS time I'm going to remember all the alkey-hol! Dammit! Damned kitchen is full up of booze - there's three bottles of rum alone! Plus one bottle of vodka, one of wine and about 12 beers in the fridge. WTF?? I need to have a "clean my 'fridge" party! LOL!

Ah - I'll just take it with me this weekend - I'm sure I can get rid of it. Dad said he's got three bottles of Black Velvet he can give me but I dunno if I"m up for whiskey. Been long time since fire water hit the ol' liver. Not sure how she'll react . . . Image hosted by Photobucket.com Yeah, I think that's about it! LOL!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 7:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com