~What in the Hell?~

Saturday, March 05, 2005

~ Vacation! ~

SWEET! I'm back from my jaunt in the Bahamas and it was SWEET! Beautiful sun, sand, surf, sailing and rum! Ah! Nothing to do but snorkel, sail and lay on the beach drinking. It was barbaric torture but I managed to survive!

The weather was nice - high 70's with a breeze. It rained the day I left. Sad to see me go, I'll bet. All of my clothes smell like the ocean and sun - it is quite wonderful!

Of course, I had to part with some $$$ on some serious rum (yummy!) and pay the hated Captain Morgan a visit in his home port after his unprovoked attack in August. He'll get his. I'm amassing my troops as we speak. heh, heh! We'll show him!

I had a lot of fun. Went out drinking at Senor Frogs one night. It was very odd. I had to be one of the oldest people in there but I sure didn't look it. And the guy I was with (one of the locals) was getting a kick out of how the other dudes were giving us the eye. Of course, he was gay and we were both trolling. (Why do gay me adore me? I must figure this out. Probably because they aren't intimidated by me - they find my "manliness" kinda cute I'll bet. Sad, isn't it? The gay ones are attracted to it and the straight ones are intimidated by it. Ah, well.)

Anyway - he thought it was funny as hell that most of the guys were watching me (according to HIM - I couldn't see a whole lot because I had about 6 shots of rum in me and 2 of tequila and I was sans glasses. So The Big O probably could've fallen at my feet and I wouldn't have noticed unless I fell over him). But it was a lot of fun no matter what.

The water temp was freezing - about 72 degrees F. Cold when you're out snorkeling, tho. The fish were absolutely beautiful and they would come right up to you and eat out of your hands. It was so cool! A big blue one with a big hook tooth like thing scared me and I pushed him away. That sucker looked like he could snap my fingers clean off! I did get to touch a lot of them, tho and it was so neat! I loves the fishes! I only wish it would have been warmer or less windy because I got too cold to go more than one day. Ah, well. Maybe next year I'll rent a wetsuit. I loves to swim and snorkel.

Visited the Atlantis. It was ok. The aquarium was wicked cool, tho! (That's the main reason I went, let's not kid ourselves!) They had a giant manta ray in there with a wingspan of about 10 feet. I kid you not! It was so hauntingly beautiful. It looked like a big angel just flying thru the water so slow and graceful like. People were just awed at it. Even the college dudes were like "whoa! Look at that thing! It's so cool!" And it was. Mere words cannot do it a credit. It was just gorgeous flying so leisurely around, the tips of it's "wings" touching the water surface. I watched it for a long time.

They had all sorts of fish in there and the aquarium is absolutely HUGE (it had to be with a monster like that manta ray in there). They also had eels (ick!) and shrimp, lobsters and sharks. They had one gorgeous sting ray that was colored like a cowrie shell top. It was so beautiful. I have never seen a ray that color before - brown with white spots - just like a cowrie shell. It was just gorgeous.

After I got my fill of the aquarium, I went back to my hotel. I actually stayed on Cable Beach which is a few miles outside of Nassau proper. It was very nice. Quiet and nothing but the sun, sand, surf and rum.

I went into Nassau town to do some shopping for two days. It was nice but I was glad to return to the beach. Very peaceful. Nassau is full of cruise ship tourists and traffic. It's ok but I wouldn't want to stay there. I'm more about the beach.

There are a few stories I could tell but I need to get some things done around here before it's back to the salt mines on Monday! I'll scan some pix and post them for the enjoyment of all. Hey, I can't keep this boring drabble up forever! lol!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 7:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com