~What in the Hell?~

Friday, March 25, 2005

~ Back on the Ice ~

Ah! Back on the ice with a new pro after a brief hiatus. It feels so good. But it hurts so bad! My poor ass! Ye-ow!

It was the first time Dori and I got together. Paul had actually recommended her to me several years ago when he ran off with the Ice Capades (or whoever sent him on tour and took him away! Boo!) but she kept getting pregnant and couldn't teach. But now she's back and we're on it.

She seemed rather impressed that I'm older than she is and have such nice speed and take correction so easily. I usually do but it takes it a while to become habit and I have to keep reminding myself of it.

We only got thru my moves and spins today. Those moves are killing my thighs. Everytime I skate I say to myself "no wonder skaters have such nice legs". I keep wondering when *I* will get such nice legs! It hasn't seemed to happen yet! LOL!

I learned some new "finishing touches" today for my spins. Especially my back spin. The "Dorothy Hamill 4-step exit" which looks very smooth and nice. I likes it a lot!

She seemed amazed that I "finish" my spins completely. I had to laugh. That's something I was taught VERY early on. I can't remember who told me but I remember the words "I want to hear your blades click together at the end of the spin" and I never forgot it. (I think it was probably Paul, actually!)

And it's nice because she's skated in a lot of shows so she knows how to "look good" when you skate. Put the "little touches" in that I lack. Technically I'm a very good and powerful skater. I just am lacking artistically because no one has ever taught me to "look good" on the ice.

It was a lot of fun. Tuesday we're going over jumps. Ouch! I ran thru them all today but my poor legs were rather tired after that workout. She said she was pleased that I will try just about anything she can throw at me.

Well, yeah. In practice. I'll try damned near anything - even a double Axel just for the hell of it. But I'm not about to try that in a competition. Practice is for pushing limits. Competiton is for winning - not for taking chances.

Of course, after skating I had to go get in the hottub for my sore muscles. I swam a bit, too. But I haven't managed to do much else today. Just been a lazy old toad. Ah, well.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice so I might do some serious cleaning. Mr. Wicked has given me plenty of fodder for the time being and has chilled out a bit. He seems rather pleased with himself and I need to take advantage his temporary good humor to get some other things done around here.

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 8:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com