~What in the Hell?~

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

~ A Muse's Revenge ~

OK - so, as you may have figured out I do a bit of writing. Just a bit. Nothing serious. (The links are on the side there, if you'd like to do a bit of reading.)

This just started in the spring of 2004. Of course, I have a degree in writing but I'd never had the ambition to write the "Great American Novel" or anything like that. It was just this spring that some muse bit me in the ass and made me write. Like a fiend. Write so much that I didn't even want to go to bed or eat! It was weird.

Even weirder was that it wasn't even like I was doing the writing. It was almost like I was taking dictation. But it was good stuff - a lot of people who read it have liked it and have asked for more. I felt like I was exploding into a shower of words. They just kept pouring out - about12 stories in all completely out of nowhere. Very bizarre.

Then Steve and I broke up. He was sort of my "muse" for a certain character and when he and I split I was in the middle of one particular story that was quite dear to me. It became more difficult to write - I wasn't "inspired" I guess. My updates became less frequent and the writing just stopped flowing around Halloween.

And then, suddenly - BANG! It hit in full force again - totally out of the blue, catching me unawares. But it all started so innocently. On December 18th someone posted a picture to a messageboard. Nothing provocative - just a picture of an actor, fully clothed, from a movie still.

It was a picture of David Wenham (I think I spelled that right) - the guy who played Faramir in the LOTR movies. So this sparked a discussion about David, men with accents and the less well-known LOTR cast members in general. Nothing odd or extraordinary. Just a normal, everday discussion about who was in what movie. No big deal.

So, I felt morally obligated to post a picture of Craig Parker (Haldir) since no one had even considered this fellow in the discussion of supporting cast members. Let me be perfectly clear here - I was not a fan of his. Didn't really know/care who the hell he was. All I knew is that one of my gf's said that he had played Haldir in the movie. The discussion about supporting cast members came up and I threw in my two cents. Just giving the guy his due.

Now I am haunted - tormented by this man! Not like that - he doesn't even know I exist - but it's like after I posted his damned picture I suddenly got slammed with all these ideas and I started writing again. A lot. No sleeping, no eating just writing. Like the good old days! lol!

It is freaking bizarre as hell! If I didn't know I was perfectly sane I'd think I'd gone nuts! It's like - my God, it's so bizarre I can't even describe it without sounding like a raving madwoman! If someone told me something like this I'd take a few cautious steps away from them and just agree with everything they said as I slowly retreated to the door.

And here all I wanted was to give the guy his due. Nothing more. And now I've gone mad. He's driving me mad. Not by any conscious effort on his part, I'm sure, but nevertheless I blame HIM. Thank you, Mister Craig Parker, where ever in the hell you are, for driving me utterly insane! I've started writing and I cannot stop!

Maybe I shouldn't complain. I mean, I'm not eating, either. Does that not sound like I'm having a nervous breakdown? Not sleeping, not eating, just writing, writing and writing. More and more. The words are just coming to me. I just put my fingers on the keys and words come out. It's rather creepy.

And I blame a man I've never seen, never met. At least with Steve I could understand it. He was here. I could see him, touch him, smell him and watch him. I understood how he could affect what I was writing and most people could see him IN my writing. But this, this is just completely incomprehensible.

Not that I'm complaining. Oh, no! I mean, this kick in the ass - haunting - whatever you wanna call it - has allowed me to finish two stories and start a third that I had NEVER even considered. And it just comes. I just look at his picture and BANG! Words come out! Just like that!

(I sure hope I haven't inadvertently "stolen" his "mojo" or something. I didn't mean to! Just like I'm sure he doesn't mean to haunt me.)

My readers are quite pleased with this (bizarre) turn of events. Of course, they have no idea what - er - WHO is behind it - they are just happy that I'm going to continue. I had not PLANNED on continuing this one particular story.

It had logically ended and I was happy with it. They were happy with it. But HE was not happy with it. He pressed, he haunted, he titilated and tormented - he pestered me until I sat down at the keyboard and put my fingers down. Then the continuation just came pouring out. And I mean pouring out.

Scenes strung together and bits of conversations all jumbled up just came out. I just typed and typed it out all at once - all I could until I was seriously exhausted and had to sleep.

But he would not rest. No. He haunted my dreams demanding that I finish it - that I give him his total due, I guess. Jeez, bud, had I known you would be this insistent, I would have left you as an afterthought on a messageboard!

And all this from a dude I've never met, seen or heard of! Good Lord, I sound like a total lunatic!

I'm hoping that by pouring this all out that maybe it will cease. Not totally cease because this has given me quite the juicy little story! But Craig, honey, stop haunting me 24/7. You're driving me insane!

The Rogue Goddess saw shadows dancing at 5:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~The Mighty Nephy~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com